Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Asha 302 - PDF/Doc/Xls reader issue

NMIchn

Asha 302 - PDF/Doc/Xls reader issue

I have downloaded ezreader from store for reading pdf/doc/xls files. After installation of the application i cannot open the file tree. As i select open from the ezreader window it shows c: and e: drives, but selecting any of the drives will return the screen to ezreader home window. Can somebody help on this. Without a file opening option the the mail functionality of Asha302 is of no use.

Please use plain text.
Birdy

I have the same problem!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hanaskuliah

yup, i have the same problem also
i was born to be developer
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kmk7

Hello NMIchn  Welcmoe to the Nokia Discussions Forums and the thanks for the post.
Sorry to hear that you are experiening problems with your device.

Try re-installing the app through store or update its version in its options and report it in ovi store also and try other apps of this kind and see the same problems happen or not :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
skp5

I have the smae problem, when i am opening the pdf file a message flash on the screen that it is a trial version for full version buy it.

How to buy ?

pl suggest.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
benti

Hi, I have the same problem.

I am not able to find any app to read doc/pdf/xls for asha 302. Even EZreader seems to be no longer available in the apps list for asha 302.  please help.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Meena295

Mobilepdf worked for me. This too can open only small files. Check this at

http://www.filecrop.com/74969750/index.html

Please use plain text.
Sage
thusithkb

Dude don't waste your valuable time by searching a pdf/doc reader for s40 devices. It is useless. Ez reader can only read files which are small in size. When you try to read large sized documents it gets freeze.Mobile pdf is also same as the ez reader. So your device can't read pdf/doc files correctly. That is the bitter truth.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

thusithkb has said it all. S40 is the most widely used OS for feature phones. We can neglect the cheap range of feature phones. But, the asha range should definitely include such basic necessities. A pdf and and document reader is becoming a must for every mobile device. Nokia should've developed a reader by now, Especially for newer Asha devices including the touch range.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
grvlohia

I had the same problem then i reinstalled ezreader in  phone memory and was able to open the pdf files.

Please use plain text.
Ivrocked

I also have this problem, & its a pain. Im pretty well computer illiterate & have used nokia for online use due to their ease in the past but they've really dropped the ball with the Asha 302. I had an E63 last, & had no problem with it. I had a lot of downloaded files saved to the memory card, & when the E63 recently stopped working I got the asha as I was told it was an upgrade (yeah right). I transfered the sim & memory to the asha, & now, not only cant I open pdf files etc online, but I cant access the saved files, including files I recieved attached to emails that are saved to the memory card. I have downloaded the ezereader with the same results others have describe,,, it dont work. Thinking I may have been doing something wrong due to lack of knowledge, I went to the Optus shop where I bought the POS asha302 & asked for them to assist. Well after wasting over an hour & a half while they unsuccessfully tried I was told the best thing to do would be to buy a card reader so I could at least access the files that are on the memory card via computer. Still means I've been ripped off on the phone, doesnt it
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Hey, you were just Mis-Informed. Asha as an upgrade to an E series device? Definitely not. E series was designed with business in mind and it performed well for all those tasks. If you expect Asha to deliver E series like performance, you're thinking very wrong :smileysad:
E series uses that amazing Symbian whereas Asha uses s40 with many restrictions.
Please use plain text.
Ivrocked

Hi, thanks for the answer, & yes, I would agree I was misinforned. Just another example of a retailer telling people what they want to hear (no matter how far it is from the truth) in order to get a sale. Considering that almost a year ago the E63 cost less than the asha302, the latter is a rip off. U seem to b a knowledgeable person in this field, is there any currently available Nokia's that will perform like the E series did & allow the same access. If the E series was still available I would have bought another. Thanks again, cheers
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DennIz

After installing EzReader app from Ovi store, I downloaded a PDF file from my mobile internet, but it didnt opened, file format not supported was the error. why does this app dont support PDF format when it says so. it should automatically open the file. Please update the app. please fix this issue.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sam463

I expected my asha 302 to perform all this functions but it doesn't.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Sam463, go for a Nokia E5 or Nokia E6, both come with the operating system Symbian/S60 and not with Nokia Series 40 like your Nokia 302.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rajivg

nokia asha 302 is totally **bleep** phone ,please suggest don,t buy  nokia phone to any one. i buy  pdf reader but it cant reader pdf.............

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

rajivg, the mentioned Nokia phones use complete different operating systems. Therefore, it is safe to go for another Nokia, because they are a complete different world, actually.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shishir84

Why does not nokia provide document viewer in next software upgrade of nokia asha 302,while some other nokia phones of same cost or lower cost have document viewer and other brands of this range also have this function.
Please use plain text.