Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Asha 302 - how to identify WIFI or 3G

Devin123

Asha 302 - how to identify WIFI or 3G

As per title, i wanted to know how do i identify i'm on WIFI or 3G?

Example:

Phone front page top bar showing "H" and also the WLAN icon. 
How do i know whether I am on 3G or WIFI when i do anything involve data. 

Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: Asha 302 - how to identify WIFI or 3G

if you can see both H/G/E and WiFi icon at the same time then you are using both radios, which one the apps use is unknown.  why do you use both radios in the first place ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If its only showing an H, it means the phone is registered to a HSDPA Network. When a connection is established you will see the H within a Box ...

Please use plain text.
Devin123

Have no idea why does it using both. 

Situation. I leave my phone on my desk (doing ntg), then i realized it is constantly connected to my WIFI and 3G.

Have change the WLAN setting to - Ask when needed

and 3G setting to - Connect when needed

Does Nokia have any apps to control whether to use WIFI / 3G during my FB/Whatsapp/Internet Surfing?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Whatsapp is one application that will always remain connected to Internet ...Actually a few applications have the option for selecting the Access Point..On the other hand on your Phone; you should be able to select the Priority of the Access Point (..this will determine which type of connection to be used in case BOTH are available..)..but no idea why BOTH are being connected at the same time ...

Please use plain text.
Devin123

anyway like to force shut off the 3G or WIFI when they keep stay connected?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

The Whatsapp will not allow that to happen. Even if you disconnect the connection manually, it will get re-established in no time ...

Please use plain text.