Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Asha 302 rebooting itself (not switching off)

Counsellor
slin

Asha 302 rebooting itself (not switching off)

Ever since I updated my software version to 14.78 this has become more frequent although it also happened with the previous version. Anyone else having the same problem? This is really frustrating now

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
slin

It happens on whatsapp
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

That's because it uses up all of its physical memory. Make sure that you keep around 5MB+ of phone memory free and you aren't running anything else in the background. There's nothing else you can do here.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
slin

Can you recommend me any other QUERTY keypad phones with whatsapp that have larger physical memory than 302?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

The only other qwerty i can think of will be E5. That's a symbian but cost you more too.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
slin

What about any other non-touchscreen and non-querty phones with whatsapp?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
slin

Will a software update help to fix this?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Software update does improve if its focused on improvements to the memory management. As with my Asha, the restarts and freezes were very frequent earlier. Now at 5.92, its lot more smoother but still i occasionally see it restarting.

About any other device without the restart issues, i'll say none is there. You'll experience some occasional ( frequency will differ from device to device) restarts on every s40 phone. Its the system's way of freeing up the physical memory.
As your 302 is already having the top specs (most importantly 128MB of RAM) that present Asha devices are coming with, there are no other options for you except a symbian phone. You can wait for future updates though. They might improve the situation.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
slin

The software update 14.78 was supposed to have improved memory management but to me it seems things have gone to worse and the rebooting is now more frequent. I read similar issues have been reported with both Symbian and Windows phones too.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kingsleyEll

Havig the same problem here. keeps on  restarting even  tho i  updated it. Also the USB sign kept blinking even tho the was no cable attached to it

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

kingsleyEll, if the USB icon blinks, your Nokia is in USB On-the-Go (OTG) mode. If you never ever used a USB OTG cable, then either there is dirt in the USB slot or you face a hardware failure. In any case, I would send it to the nearest official Nokia Care support shop for repair. Because, I doubt your issue is software issue. Compared to the other issues in this thread, you just face similar symptoms.

Please use plain text.