Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Asha 311 Email - alert me for new mail not wor...

james2mac

Asha 311 Email - alert me for new mail not work

use gmail and alert me for new mail is enabled.

use 3G & Wifi , alert is not work!

Please use plain text.
orsi_sam

Re: Asha 311 Email - alert me for new mail not work

I think there are some problem with Nokia Asha 311. There are many complains from Nokia user's for Nokia Asha 311 bugs.

see this discussion

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Software-Updates/New-software-update-available-for-Nokia-Asha-311-SW...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Nah.. It works just fine. Did you changed the values of times during which you want to get the email alerts. Default is just one hour in the morning.
Please use plain text.
james2mac

[ Edited ]

I have to change the time, the mail program in the background, 311 does not notify

I use gmail,SW:3.90

• Alert me for new mail = on
  • Alert me only during 00.00-00.00 : from midnight to midnight
  • Update my inbox = Auto

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dcpl_bros

I agree that WIFI is defective.  An update 3.9 issued by NOkia does cannot be installed even by Nokia Care. Nokia, it appears is desperate and is now using unethical ways to promote the sales. Why else will it intoduce half baked products???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wdsupport

Hi, I have the Asha 311, asa everyone is having the email issue, I finally found an app from a trird party that can check my mail every 3 minutes and alert me if I have a new email, I use ringemail , you can find it in the ovi store. Nokia India suck, they are dummies and do not know how to fix these issue. so people do no not rely on nokia India to fix this issue. It's been about 8 months that the mail problem have been submit to nokia, till here they release and update, and the asha 311 canot even update the phone.. It's a waste of time, I don't know why nokia have the f****ng India lisence to built phone's . India will remain the last  and as it is,,,,,

:-(

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wdsupport

I send nokia an email , take a look what they reply:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

Regarding your concern, first kindly check the following:

1- Check the network quality as the connection quality has a big impact in such issue.
2- Set your device's network mode to dual mode (Menu > Settings > Phone > Network mode > Set it to dual mode).
3- Check that you are using the proper access point. In other words you need to use the access point that enables you to access websites using "Web" not "Wab". The "Web" access point name always varies by different operators, you may find it named "Web" or "Internet", you need to set the "Web" access point as the default access point.
4- You may also check different types of connections (3G - WLAN..etc), in order to guarantee a successful access to your e-mail.

After you check the previous points, try the steps below:

1- Remove the mail box from your device.
2- Clear the cache on your web browser (Menu - Web - Clear the cache)
3- Restart your device.
4- Try to re define the e-mail settings manually, there are some mandatory feilds need to be filled (Contact the e-mail supplier to get it).
5- If the issue still persists, make sure that your phone runs the latest software. To learn more about how to update your phone's software, kindly refer to your phone's user guide.
Software update tips:

1- Make sure to back your data before software update is it might be erased.
2- Make sure to use a high speed connection to guarantee a complete and successful update process.
3- You can update either using your phone (Through packet data or WLAN) or using "Nokia Suite" application (Through the USB connection), it is recommended to use the USB connection in order to gain a stable and successful update.

For "Nokia Suite" compatibility and download kindly go to:

http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/global/phones/software/Nokia_Suite_webinstaller_ALL.exe

4- Your device must be fully charged, we recommend to plug the charger into mobile during the software update process.
5- It is not recommended to use your mobile during a software update.
6- It is not recommended to disconnect the USB cable during the software update process as your device might be dead.

To download your phone's user guide, kindly go to the link below:

http://www.nokia.com/mea-en/support/downloads/

And here is the reference number for your inquiry that would help us follow up on your case. Kindly provide us with this No. to be able to help you better.

Reference no:1-13592232306

Should you require any further assistance, please visit http://www.nokia.com/mea/contactus.

Keep your phone software up-to-date by using the Nokia Suite. For more details visit Nokia Support and software at http://mea.nokia.com/support. You can also go online to find user guides, troubleshooting support and other services to help you use your Nokia product .

Kind regards,

Kholoud Othman
Nokia Careline
Nokia Middle East & Africa

[THREAD ID:1-68SGPKH]

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 09/01/2013 06:01:11 PM
To: "store.support@nokia.com" <store.support@nokia.com>
Subject: re:Nokia Careline - Nokia 311

The problem is that the mail application is checking pop mail system when he wants,sometime it takes one hour to notify me if I have mail and sometime never.

----------
Sent from my Nokia

------Original message------
To: <wdsupport@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, January 9, 2013 10:10:19 AM GMT+0200
Subject: Nokia Careline - Nokia 311

Dear customer,

We received your email, but the message is incomplete, please write to us again with description of your query or the error message that appears to you and we will be more than happy to assist.

We apologize if you feel that you have been inconvenienced and we hope for your continued support of Nokia products and services.

And here is the reference number for your inquiry that would help us follow up on your case. Kindly provide us with this No. to be able to help you better.

Reference : 1-13592232306

For any further assistance, please contact us online, through http://www.nokia.com/mea-en/support/contact/.

You can also go online to find user guides, troubleshooting support and other services to help you use your Nokia product.

Kind regards,

Eslam Mounir
Nokia Careline

Sent: 08/01/2013 02:14:03 PM
To: store.support@nokia.com
Subject: Customer Support - Other

---------------
[Country:MAURITIUS]
[Language:smileysurprised:thers]
[Email address:wdsupport@gmail.com]
[First name:]
[Last name:]

[Topic:smileysurprised:ther]
[Message:
Hi,can you tell me how to change the time period for email software,is their a configuration file?

Diagnostic Information:
Device_Model = Nokia^311^0^0^0
Client_Version = 3.32.1.70
Firmware_Version = /03.81
Content_ID =
Content_URL =
Content_Title =
Country = MU
Language = en
]
--------------
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wdsupport

I send nokia support a mail, take a look that they reply:

Dear Customer,

Regarding your concern, first kindly check the following:

1- Check the network quality as the connection quality has a big impact in such issue.

2- Set your device's network mode to dual mode (Menu > Settings > Phone > Network mode > Set it to dual mode).

3- Check that you are using the proper access point. In other words you need to use the access point that enables you to access websites using "Web" not "Wab". The "Web" access point name always varies by different operators, you may find it named "Web" or "Internet", you need to set the "Web" access point as the default access point.

4- You may also check different types of connections (3G - WLAN..etc), in order to guarantee a successful access to your e-mail.

After you check the previous points, try the steps below:

1- Remove the mail box from your device.

2- Clear the cache on your web browser (Menu - Web - Clear the cache)

3- Restart your device.

4- Try to re define the e-mail settings manually, there are some mandatory feilds need to be filled (Contact the e-mail supplier to get it).

5- If the issue still persists, make sure that your phone runs the latest software. To learn more about how to update your phone's software, kindly refer to your phone's user guide.

Software update tips:

1- Make sure to back your data before software update is it might be erased.

2- Make sure to use a high speed connection to guarantee a complete and successful update process.

3- You can update either using your phone (Through packet data or WLAN) or using "Nokia Suite" application (Through the USB connection), it is recommended to use the USB connection in order to gain a stable and successful update.

For "Nokia Suite" compatibility and download kindly go to:

http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/global/phones/software/Nokia_Suite_webinstaller_ALL.exe

4- Your device must be fully charged, we recommend to plug the charger into mobile during the software update process.

5- It is not recommended to use your mobile during a software update.

6- It is not recommended to disconnect the USB cable during the software update process as your device might be dead.

To download your phone's user guide, kindly go to the link below:

http://www.nokia.com/mea-en/support/downloads/

Reference no:1-13592232306 

Should you require any further assistance, please visit http://www.nokia.com/mea/contactus.

Keep your phone software up-to-date by using the Nokia Suite. For more details visit Nokia Support and software at http://mea.nokia.com/support. You can also go online to find user guides, troubleshooting support and other services to help you use your Nokia product .

Kind regards,

Kholoud Othman

Nokia Careline

Sent:  09/01/2013 06:01:11 PM

To:  "store.support@nokia.com" <store.support@nokia.com>

Subject:  re:Nokia Careline - Nokia 311

The problem is that the mail application is checking pop mail system when he wants,sometime it takes one hour to notify me if I have mail and sometime never.

----------

Sent from my Nokia

------Original message------

To: <wdsupport@gmail.com>

Date: Wednesday, January 9, 2013 10:10:19 AM GMT+0200

Subject: Nokia Careline - Nokia 311

Dear customer,

We received your email, but the message is incomplete, please write to us again with description of your query or the error message that appears to you and we will be more than happy to assist.

We apologize if you feel that you have been inconvenienced and we hope for your continued support of Nokia products and services.

Reference : 1-13592232306 

For any further assistance, please contact us online, through http://www.nokia.com/mea-en/support/contact/.

You can also go online to find user guides, troubleshooting support and other services to help you use your Nokia product.

Kind regards,

Eslam Mounir

Nokia Careline

Sent:  08/01/2013 02:14:03 PM

To:  store.support@nokia.com

Subject:  Customer Support - Other

---------------

[Country:MAURITIUS]

[Language:smileysurprised:thers]

[Email address:wdsupport@gmail.com]

[First name:]

[Last name:]

[Topic:smileysurprised:ther]

[Message:

Hi,can you tell me how to change the time period for email software,is their a configuration file?

Diagnostic Information:

Device_Model = Nokia^311^0^0^0

Client_Version = 3.32.1.70

Firmware_Version = /03.81

Content_ID =

Content_URL =

Content_Title =

Country = MU

Language = en

]

--------------

Please use plain text.