Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Asha 311 Facebook App Problem

IM35461
Accepted Solution

Asha 311 Facebook App Problem

I have had my new UK version of the Asha 311 for a few days now and it seems to work fairly well.

One major annoyance I have is with the Facebook app which always thinks two requests need reading.

When I load the app it shows 2 requests, I tap on the item and it says "Social" "Unexpected error. Try again"

It always says this but the web browser version on my laptop says I have no outstanding alerts.

I have tried a factory reset but no help.

Any thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi IM35461,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums.
I have raised this issue to our technical team to investigate and will get back to you once I have a response.

Regards

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
IM35461

[ Edited ]

Many thanks and I have also found the cause.

Facebook Events, I had two of these pending and I guess the phone app does not handle them proplely.

I decline and accepted them as appropiate on the web version and it now shows no requests.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rdlovesu

Facebook on social is not available here in India.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Vishnu2690

Ya . . Face book social is not available in India . . What is the solution for this ??? I need some help . . I just got this phone for social networking . . Now this is a great disappointment for me . . Whats the solution for this ???
Please use plain text.
Sage
Wolf_49465

same issue here..

Can any buddy can tell me that will the facebook on social will be available in next update in india..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rdlovesu

[ Edited ]

Nokia support we are demanding for facebook support on social app in India... n u r with no response. 

Moderator's note: The post was edited. We removed some inappropriate words used.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
prkpiyush888

Its really disappointing that there is no facebook social app...and the company is doing nothing about it...
Another problem is that we can't minimise the apps...
Hope the next software update comes very soon and fixes the problems...
Please use plain text.