Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Asha 311 Root Directory Name (language) Problem

Contributor
Vettri
Accepted Solution

Asha 311 Root Directory Name (language) Problem

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone and Nokia People :smileyhappy:

I bought Nokia Asha 311 just a week ago, all going well and its my first touch screen phone.

I was adding files to memory card and noticed that the device name is in chinese or some language with big name !

like to know why the name is in other language ? and how i can able to change that to english name ?

screenshots are added in attachments, please look at them..

i am worried that i may have bought some fake item but i bought this from famous flipkart, i trust them 100% .

please help me to change the device name..

thank you very much :smileyhappy:

EDIT : I renamed the device in right click > properties.. i cant belive i am such a noob !

but why its in other language in first place ? :/

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Re: Asha 311 Root Directory Name (language) Problem

LOL!! So you've solved it yourself.
The phone just sometimes messes up. Won't appear again now.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Vettri

I reinstalled the phone software (v 05.92) becoz the screen suddenly gone to gray color when installing a app, i was worried and reinstalled the software and again the Chinese name appeared.

also I saw in youtube videos that the package contains usb cable but not in my box :/

Indian package doesn't include usb cable ?

i am still worried abt what i bought is original or fake :/

aslo thank you for your reply singhnsk :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

You shouldn't worry about the genuinity of the phone. It definitely is a genuine product.

About the package, USB cable is not being bundled here in India.

You can just head over to Nokia India's warranty check page and type in your IMEI there. If your phone is shown under warranty, then your product is definitely genuine.

What you experienced happened with many others too, including myself. I don't know why, but the phone just messes with itself and shows the Chinese name.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Though an Old Post but worth having a look at ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Vettri

yes, its original !

thank you singhnsk and farby :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
C1za

I have the same problem, found out that phone is for china market and may not be covered by warranty to get a warranty you need European version for europe
Please use plain text.