Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Asha 311 Social app problem

Contributor
LevanKakubava

Asha 311 Social app problem

I have this problem with Social app on Asha 311 - right after welcome screen and acceptance of terms follows "getting services" message and then "Service temporarily not available. Try again later." message follows in a few seconds. Well I've tried it later for many times now and all the same.

So my question is, is service still available and there is some connection problem, has it been suspended or maybe it's market/area (Georgia) dependent?

Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Re: Asha 311 Social app problem

hi mate,

have you checked the condition of your SIM card and that your network carrier data settings are correct and activated? try again tomorrow and see what happens.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
silviasmeu

I have the same problem with the Social application, but also with Facebook and Twitter applications.

Also Nokia Store and EA games gift application don't connect to internet. I get this message when I open these applications: "Unable to open this page. Check your connection or try again later." Neither Internet radio, weather or WhatsApp applications can't connect.

So basically the browser is connecting to internet, also chat and mail applications, but other applications that should connect to internet are not working.

I tried on mobile data and also on Wi-Fi, but the same problem, even when I updated the software or when I restored the factory settings.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thank you in advance!

Please use plain text.
hunterxyamani

i have the same probleme ><! it's really annoying :/

Please use plain text.
aleisha11

silviasmeu wrote:

I have the same problem with the Social application, but also with Facebook and Twitter applications.

Also Nokia Store and EA games gift application don't connect to internet. I get this message when I open these applications: "Unable to open this page. Check your connection or try again later." Neither Internet radio, weather or WhatsApp applications can't connect.

So basically the browser is connecting to internet, also chat and mail applications, but other applications that should connect to internet are not working.

I tried on mobile data and also on Wi-Fi, but the same problem, even when I updated the software or when I restored the factory settings.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thank you in advance!

The error means you do not have an active internet connection. If you will use the data connection, please make sure that you have GRPS settings. This can be obtained from your network provider. For Wi-Fi, please make sure that it allows you to connect to it. To isolate this, try other Wi-Fi connection. Please note that there are some Wi-Fi connection won't allow you to connect to it even though they are visible in the list of available Wi-Fi. 

You can try these steps:

1. Go to Menu
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select Connectivity
  4. Select Net connection
  5. Select Ask first
  6. Then, go back to Connectivity
  7. Select Mobile data
  8. Turn on the Mobile data

The above steps will prompt you to choose which connection you want to connect. 

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
silviasmeu

Unfortunately it doesn't help because I have an active internet connection, otherwise the browser and the mail and chat applications won't work (as I said in the previous post, only these applications are connecting to the internet).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LevanKakubava

silviasmeu noted, other apps requiring internet connection (S40 and Opera mini browsers, mail, store, weather, internet radio) work just fine...

Please use plain text.
aleisha11

You may try to do a soft reset. Your files won't be deleted so it is safe to do it. Soft reset can be done by going to Settings > Restore factory sett. > Settings only > Enter the security code. The default code is 12345 unless changed.

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Sage
Wolf_49465

I would advice you to delete the active internet setting and create it manually..
Activate it and restart your phone....
Just done..
For manually creating the setting you may need to contact your customer care service..
They will provide you the details such as accespoint name,homepage, etc..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bhollajih

pls i'm also having d same problem. i cant also open the facebook and twitter social apps. PLS HELP.
Please use plain text.