Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Asha 311 Software and connectivity error

Registered Member
Asha311WiFi

WiFi in Nokia Asha 311 is intermittently working. Nokia needs to address the issue. I purchased the phone only becase of the availability of WiFi, but now feel cheated. Dr. PK Das Gupta pkdasgupta@gmail.com

Registered Member
gunjan25me

You r right for me also its fraud only they r making fool to people it can't be sync with desktop/laptop I was trying to sync contact and its OS lost 3 times. after purchasing It I'm unable to use my phone for 2 days at least. I'm a Fred of nokia now....

Gunjan
Advisor
Aray21

Facebook applications are like that. I've same problem. I changed configuration and klik default in all application,that's worked.. But i have new problem.
Advisor
mohd412

Nokia please kindly provide Asha 311 users with stable update as the present version 5.92 is still unstable and none of the major issues such as slow wifi speeds, inability to use wifi alone without active mobile data connection or data configuration settings, inability to play youtube videos over wifi... etc are still unadressed. I wonder why is nokia so negligent towards the requests made by its customers who are indeed trying to give their product reviews only in a hope to make it better and normal. Most of the people who purchased this model are actually feeling cheated and are considering other brands and other Operating Systems like android etc, which exceptionally perform good. God knows when will nokia acknowledge these requests and probably fulfill it because many of them has lost their hopes and sold off their Asha 311 and switched to different brands and are more satisfied by this change. Nokia has lost its market reputation may be because of this attitude and negligence towards its once loyal customers due to the releases of half baked products like asha 311.

If s40 is so unstable for this device, why is nokia experimenting with the sentiments of its customers with no proper official response and by  not releasing S60 version for this model which is time tested and stable......  :confused:  :question:

Counsellor
Cadz

I dont experience the wifi issue but the social app is in haywire.

cannot upload images to facebook, twitter, and flickr. My 311 is of the latest software update, v5.92.

Undergone tremendous factory reset, on/off, but still no use.

BUT uploading thru OM is a breeze, as well as browsing on it.

AND, my eyes, it cant stand the brightness of the screen! So bright that is cause me headaches.

Hoping for an update soon. PLEASE INCLUDE THE BRIGHTNESS OPTION, BEGGING YOU. (As if some nokia developers can read this. Haha)
Nokia Lover since childhood.
my phones are 3120c, 303, and 311.
Counsellor
Cadz

and one more thing:

I reinstalled the software like 5 times, but the problem still exist.
Nokia Lover since childhood.
my phones are 3120c, 303, and 311.
Contributor
akarshnanda

nokia says this as a smart phone but this nokia 311 is not smart from any side more over it has a lot of problems nokia have to say somecthing for this. It has to give update soon it with all smart phone features.
Professor
satyam384

let us hope so !:smileyhappy:

Contributor
simpleidiot

At least fix the Youtube problem. 

Also I dont know if  any one has this problem but the plastic back panel easily slides off. Never had issue like this on any previous Nokia phone.

And if you cant just fix it, Open source the ASHA OS. After 2 months of use I dont feel like this phone is worth ~7000Rs I paid. I will say 6681 that i bought way back was worth ~15K I paid at the time. 

But I like the 40 EA games I got it with. I dont play them all but its nice. Also the Free 3 month music downloads.I like the service I will keep buying music from it. Also I would like to mention that I use email from my phone . Its works fine. I dont like sending emails from phone tho. Just check new emails.

why do we need a server to stream internet. Why can i just browser internet directly ? I think 1GH processor can handle it?
 Also the web app concept is brilliant will be developing something with it really soon.Its really easy and any one can do it.

Professor
satyam384

I think youtube works well for me(depends on service provider network strenght).

Agree with you there are still more bugs.

AND I THINK THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION FOR ""1GHZ"" PROCESSOR IN THIS PHONE !:smileyindifferent:

nurqistina

ASHA CONNECTION ERROR

i used Nokia Asha 311 and then i on my wifi --> i connect my connection to my internet router-->and it 'connected'-->but after 5 seconds it disconnect by itself-->after 30 seconds it connect again and disconnect again

i used my other phone and its can connect well but when i used asha 311 it ALWAYS becomes like this,,how can i find my solution to this problem?