Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Asha 311 Touch Screen not working

Registered Member
pathel

[ Edited ]

Hello!
am having problems with mi nokia asha 311.Mi phne hangs wen am using it i have to open nd close d battery several tmes b4 i can touch it again pls help dnt wana tnk its screen problem cos i bot it january nd as am typng nw am nt using mi phne.

Moderator's note: We have provided a subject-related title to help other forum users easily view and respond to this post.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Re: Asha 311 Touch Screen not working

Since the phone is using capacitive touch screen, it does not require calibration. I would suggest doing the following troubleshooting steps to rectify your concern:

1. Restore factory settings

settings and restore factory sett. > settings only. Default security code is 12345 unless you have changed it.

2. Update the software using Nokia Suite

*If there is no update available, try to re-install the software if this option is available.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
srikanth_cg

I have got this exact same problem twice in the last one week's time.  I have tried reinstalling (no update) the software and even after that the phone hung once.  Like the OP posted, I had to remove the battery few times before the touchscreen started responding.  One more point I noted was that after I replaced the battery, though the touchscreen was not responding, the OFF button was working fine.  I was able to power off and power on using the off-screen buttons and still the touchscreen was not responding.  So I had to remove the battery few times and only then the touchscreen started working.

tiny_chef wrote:

Since the phone is using capacitive touch screen, it does not require calibration. I would suggest doing the following troubleshooting steps to rectify your concern:

1. Restore factory settings

settings and restore factory sett. > settings only. Default security code is 12345 unless you have changed it.

2. Update the software using Nokia Suite

*If there is no update available, try to re-install the software if this option is available.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
srikanth_cg

srikanth_cg wrote:

I have got this exact same problem twice in the last one week's time.  I have tried reinstalling (no update) the software and even after that the phone hung once.  Like the OP posted, I had to remove the battery few times before the touchscreen started responding.  One more point I noted was that after I replaced the battery, though the touchscreen was not responding, the OFF button was working fine.  I was able to power off and power on using the off-screen buttons and still the touchscreen was not responding.  So I had to remove the battery few times and only then the touchscreen started working.

I got the same problem once again yesterday and this time it is worse.  Even after several attempts to remove the battery and put it back, till now I am unable to unlock the phone.  I am able to receive calls, see the number of missed calls, number of new messages, battery charges well, everything seems to work fine except for the important touchscreen due to which I am unable to make any calls or unlock to see the missed calls and messages.  Seriously a patch is needed to address this issue.  Everytime we cannot go to a repair center to get it unlocked or checked.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mkarthik1

I am having the same problem

Touch screen is not responding

I have removed the battery , reinstalled the software but the problem continues

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

If so, back up important data and visit Nokia Care in your city.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ShashiJedi

The above procedure seems no use, because I have done both (factory restore & software reinstall)  still it hangs unexpectedly. And also there is no latest software update.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

unfortunately your only option now is to take your phone to nokia care for inspection: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
khixz

same problem here!!

and no new updates as always!! i try every month!! how can i keep updated if theres no to update??

VISIT AGIN NOKIA CARE **bleep**!! im so sick and tired!!

Please use plain text.
jcchile

Try performing a HARD RESET...

There are two levels of reset: soft and hard.

The soft only restores the default values for things like ringtones, lights effects, proxy, camera settings, etc....

Hardly it could solve anything...

The hard reset goes further: it take your phone back in time as if it was just purchased.

This procedure restores the original apps and games, removes all stuff you downloaded, all the sw updates you may have got, and of course ALL your personal info... so a full backup is a MUST before going further.

The method is easy as introducing the following code in the number pad:

*#7780#

The phone will ask your security user code, enter it.

In case you never changed it, the default factory code is 12345.

...Good Luck!!

(Sometimes sw updates are not as good as one expect. First try somedays with the hard reset initial "brand-new" state and see if things gets better with the touch screen issue before getting new sw updates)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Naba288

Kindly tel me what to do. I am sick of this touch problem. Its not working. I've like thousands removed bettry but it didnt work. :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dalejasper

still no luck after months of waiting with my nokia asha 311 and the touch screen is still not working. any working update guys?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shubhamjbp

facing the same touchscreen problem hanging again and again. After purchasing Nokia phones visiting Nokia Care has become very common for me

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
naresh237

[ Edited ]

I am also facing same issue... 

Now a days Nokia phones quality is horrible 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GTTJ007

[ Edited ]

nokia ,am so upsed wid ma nokia311,am purchesing it on nuvembr ,and now its hang ,,its tuch screen is not working,, ,we all r know det dis s nt a smart phone

Moderator's Note: Part of the message not written in plain English was edited out. This is an English community and we are unable to support other languages.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Hey everyone,

If removing the battery and then replacing it back will not help for the phone's touchscreen to function, it's best to send your phone to a Nokia Care Point for assessment.

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/locations/

If above fix allows the touchscreen to work, you may want to check if there's a software update available for your phone. If there is, update your phone using Nokia Suite which you can download from here: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/nokia-suite/
Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Flamboyant1stm

I'm also having the same problem with my nokia asha 311. Keys are working fine but touch panel not working. Really it was my foolish decision to buy nokia instead of some other good brands. I bought it just 2 months before. The quality of nokia products are now days become as cheap china phones.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sukk3

I have been having the same problem. When the touch screen itself is not responding, how can you restore factory settings. Plz suggest

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
abhineshm

I bought this phone in February, the same touch screen problem started within 3 months. I took it to Nokia care center. They said this problem is not covered under warranty as there is fungus on the mother board. But looks like it is quite a common problem for many. Not sure if they are manipulating by telling there is a fungus on the motherboard. Even if it so they should replace it for free of cost atleast during the warranty period. I started hating Nokia just because of this.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Zs19

My nokia Asha 311 accidently fell down on the floor say about 2ft on its case. When trying to operate it the touch screen is not responding even up to right now. What troubleshooting advice can you give me b4 carrying it to a technician?

Please use plain text.