Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Asha 311 restarts continuously

Contributor
gjadh
Accepted Solution

Asha 311 restarts continuously

[ Edited ]

My Phone restarts continuously and backlight goes on and off continuously. Visited nokia service center on 13th march 2013. But still facing restart issue and backgroung color goes grey.

Can someone please help me asap?

Moderator's notes: The post was edited. A more appropriate subject is provided.

Regards,
gjadh
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

[ Edited ]

Hi gjadh

Thank you for posting! :Cool:

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this issue. Have you tried to reinstall the software of your phone using Nokia Suite? If yes, and you're still facing the issue we recommend to take your phone again to Nokia Care Point for second assessment.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Sage
Wolf_49465

Hi gjadh..
I would suggest you to remove your memory card and observe the changes..
The phone restart because of a corrupted memory card or due to the temporary file in memory card..
Just delete them..
And observe your phone..
Professor
satyam384

Ofcourse the problem of restarting "MAY" be due to a corrupted memory card,but the phone badly needs an SOFTWARE UPDATE.Developers must take a look at this asha 311 issues.

Each and every other asha series phones has got some or few updates but asha 311 updates are DAMN SLOW.

Work on it Nokia ! ! And mailing to nokia support is a boring task as they always reply with same answer irrespective of the content.The answer will be "Feedback passed to relevent department for their due conideration".

That's it then after there will be no info ! So make an update as previous update was released LONG AGO.:smileyhappy: 

Sage
Wolf_49465

staisfied with you satyam384.
It has been a long wait now..
I am also waiting for it..
The update was pushed 6 month before..
But still not realeased..
Registered Member
Rahul5291

It generally restarts while using internet or watching video.I have visited customer care for two times but still now it is not solved.
If customer care can't solve my problem for two times then why are you oppening such a rubbish service centre.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Because its nothing in the hands of Support Center. They can improve hardware but not software. They only re-installed the firmware that has been developed for the phone.

Some issues are there in the software and they can only be solved with a new software update. We're hoping for that to come soon.

Nokia's service centers are the best. Just pay a visit to other manufacturers (should i say the topmost Samdung?) and you'll see how rubbish they are. With even no visitor's area.
Contributor
gjadh

My Nokia Asha 311 device was facing continuous restart issue from 13th march 2013 after 4 months from date of purchase(20th nov 2012).

My Nokia Asha 311 restart issue (3 times backlight blinks and Grey screen appears) is not solved yet after visting Nokia service center 7 times. I also spoke customer care 13 times regarding the same device restart issue.
Complaint as of 7thApril 2013
I have Explain the device restart scenario to Nokia service center folks many times but still they are not able to solve this issue.

Below are analysis done by Nokia Service center people:
After 1st Analysis they installed New software
After 2nd Analysis again they installed New software
After 3rd Analysis they did ELS and found liquid damage and repaired the same still issue was not solved.
After 4th Analysis did testing and found issue due to browser
After 5th Analysis as of 6th April 2013 told me issue was may be due to whatsapp.

(4th Analysis details)
After testing for 3 days service center folks told me that issue was due browser like Opera mini and UC browser because of which some files are getting corrupted in device.

How can Nokia service center people ask me not to use Opera mini or UC browser in the Device?This is not my fault. User is having rights to download any application from Nokia Store and Use it. Ideally Phone should not restart. If you take a new phone and install Opera mini or UC browser in it will not restart at all. Then tell me why my device is restarting?Its just 4 month for my device.

Since i am facing this issue from many days.Now i feel like i have purchased a faulty device and Nokia organization is not able to solve my issue.

Regards,
gjadh
Professor
satyam384

Hey,

Is the problem about the appearance of the grey screen on the lock screen ????

If so,this is very common when the phone is restored or restarts after a sudden hang.

And asha 311 has few main bugs in the software.

Better remove the memory card and now download opera and uc browser and observe the change.If phone is stable then change memory card if not there is nothing to do except waiting for a new update.

Corret me if i am wrong in understanding your phone's problem.:smileyhappy:

Contributor
gjadh

I really appreciate you all for your support,

But this restart problem seems very severe because sometimes it even eats battery in couple of minutes. I have tried below to steps in order to avoid restart:

1. Followed all the steps to given in manual & nokia website to keep phone performance up.

2. Reinstalled 5.92v software many times. NCC did ELS..

3.Spoke to customer care for any update to solve.

Solution provided by NCC is to Change SIM card(without changing no.) and Operator.

I feel its the only last option left.

for example http://youtu.be/S1YvrEfw82s

Regards,
gjadh
Counsellor
omshankar

This problem is also with me. As for knowledge I tell u it happens with only airtel sim with me. I have changed airtel and now using reliance gsm sim then this problem doesnt happen. I advise u to check with another sim. But reliance dosent give me good net speed like airtel. Nokia must have to give permanent solution.
Professor
satyam384

[ Edited ]

@omshankar :

The problem is due to airtel ??????????????? I use airtel 3G.There is no such restarting problem.

AFAIK it's not due a airtel sim or reliance etc etc, It might be due to default sim card.Make a replacement of sim card.It works fine.:smileyhappy: . My personal experience about asha  311 is ,it restarts mainly due to a corrupted memory card.:smileyhappy:

Counsellor
omshankar

Bro I'm nt using memory card. In bihar it happens with all airtel sim. "gjadh" told restart problem. In his area it may be due to another sim. I say please change sim and check. Bcoz NOKIA CARE showed in his computer, and told nokia main branch BANGLORE gives email module in with he has to fill restart problem with network provider name, sim no. Etc bcoz it doesnt happen with all of the sim.
Professor
satyam384

@omshankar :

Oh thats fine the situation is in bihar only then !!!! However get a substitute phone folowing the above detail.:smileyhappy:

Contributor
Kaushalkirti

Plz nokia responce my suggestions . We have need following improvement in next update

1) plz add copy paste option becoz old s40 have it.

2) plz make the ability to play file in background from file manager also like nokia 2690.

3) Now asha 311 has no ability to play video of resolution in fullscreen of size 240*320 etc so plz fix it and make it better.

If you responce my suggestion , i shall think that you are caring us .

Thanks NOKIA
Contributor
gjadh

Hi Friends,

You dont need to change operator or Sim Card for it.I am also using Airtel.

But as a workaround select 'GSM' as a network mode. I am 100% sure this will solve your issue.

Basically this restart issue exist only in Asha series.

Regards,
gjadh
Registered Member
dildeep212

heyy...

my phone keeps on restarting when i connect it to wifi network..... i dont know why it happens....i dont have any memory card in it & no sim card...i remoed both of them...but still this problem is coming...

please help me...what should i do that this problem goes away????    please reply......

Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]
dildeep212, which mobile phone do you use? A Nokia 311 as well?
Which Wi-Fi access point do you use? We need brand and model, best would be chipset.
Did it work before or is this a recent problem?
Registered Member
dildeep212

its NOKIA ASHA 311......its a recent problem......it was good before....i dont know why is it happening now.....plzzzzz help me.....:smileysad:

Mobile Sensei
Abi99

If it is a recent problem, then either it is

a) hardware issue, did you try another Wi-Fi already

b) software issue in Nokia 311, did you try a refurbish of the firmware at a Nokia Care Point

c) software issue in your personal Wi-Fi, like a storm of message, did you try another Wi-Fi already