Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Asha 311 web browser Problem

Contributor
SweeTDreaM
Accepted Solution

Asha 311 web browser Problem

Hello 

i have problem in my asha 311 but i saw many Topics about it but iam not sure if there is solution of it or no

how to connect web browser through WIFI .. when i try to connect to web browser it always use Sim Card Internet -_-

iam from Egypt using Vodafone network 

is there is any solution for it ?

Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

Try browsing with wifi after DELETING the CONFIGURATION settings in your phone.

And more about this topic you can find here http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Asha-and-other-Nokia-Series-30/Asha-311-Possible-reasons-behind-WiFi...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SweeTDreaM

!

Sorry if iam annoying but iam low experienced in phones
can u tell me the steps to delete CONFIGURATION settings :squint:
and thanks for replaying :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Thanks for the reference to that post satya, but deleting won't fix that. As i mentioned in the post a mere reception of Settings triggers the problem even if they are rejected and never saved.

@SweetDream: Only solution I'll suggest is to hard (full) reset the phone to factory and then don't let the operator to send any settings, instead add them manually. It will keep working as it should.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SweeTDreaM

@singhnsk hehehe dont worry i have Just bought the mob 1 day ago
then all i need to do is to reset the to the factory then go
connectivity
Mobile Data
access point and chose the access point 
or what :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Yeah.. Most probably your phone would've included the GPRS settings by default. They will be auto selected. So just reset the phone and start browsing. You will be prompted by the phone to how to connect by either wifi or mobile data. Do note your balance cell credits before you connect via Mobile Data as we don't want the operator to charge in case the phone selected incorrect settings by default.
In case the correct ones are not auto-selected, just goto Settings > Configuration and Select the correct settings for Access Point and Default.
In other case if they are not present in your phone, then you need to add the Access Point and web details manually under Personal Configuration Settings.

The objective of doing this is to just not to ask operator to send the settings to the phone as it triggers the bug.
Enjoy browsing on your new phone and SweetDreams to you SweeTDreaM. Its night here, don't know of there:smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SweeTDreaM

lol also i dont get it 100% bcoz of my suck english but i will try it :squint:
thaks alot :smileyvery-happy:
its 8 pm here :squint: gn8 with sweetdream ^_^

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Hehe.. Mine isn't that good too :smileyvery-happy:
Be back here if you find any difficulty or have any doubts. Most probably you only need resetting to factory and you'll be ready to browse using wifi :smileyhappy:
Remember my Good Night when you'll be ready to sleep :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SweeTDreaM

[ Edited ]

i reset factory and now wifi is working perfect but i cant use sim internet :smileyvery-happy:
i dont know how to add it's info :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

@sweeTdreaM : ask operator if u need so ! vice versa ! either wifi or mobile data only one ! :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SweeTDreaM

it works now when i use nokia browser it asks me first wifi or mobile data :smileyvery-happy:

thanks guys for help Thanks @satyam384
and special thanks for @

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Hey.. It will use mobile data too. Just ask your operator to tell you how to set up your settings manually. Only thing you require from them is Proxy and Proxy Port (if proxy is used) and Access Point Name. That's all. Set them up in the Personal Configuration Settings and you're good to go.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Just don't ask them to send the settings as a configuration file, instead ask them to manually help you in configuring settings.
As if they'll send the settings in a configuration message, you'll again start to face the wifi not working issue.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nikon_ic

my nokia xpress or internet browser always says "not able to start, restart phone" but as i restarted my phone, it always says the same and couldn't open the browser. this problem started as i updated my device software to 8.13. Could you please help me to fix it. Thank you and God bless!

Please use plain text.