Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Asha 311

Q_Bomber

Re: Asha 311 Software Crash. Please help !!

Hello, 
I removed the battery and switched the phone back on and it works seemingly normally now except for a few lags. I have tried to RECOVER from the earlier error encountered and I cannot seem to get it to work. While  using Nokia Software Updater, I tried to recover from the last operation but my phone is not being detected. I tried all device recovery steps, but I cannot seem to continue the update. Please guide.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sunnyjo

Hello admin. The in-built browser and e-mail applications on my asha 311 are not working. Also the phone cannot get the new update. Each time I try to update the phone software, the reply I get is SOFTWARE UPDATE CANCELED BY SERVER. Please help!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Q_Bomber -  Hope you have already backed up your data before trying the update earlier. If so, you may try dialing *#7370# followed by 12345 (Default security code unless changed by you) when prompted. This will erase all data from the phone memory and reset it .. Now see if you can move ahead ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Spartan_101

Just bought it after selling 5800 xpmusic and this phone asha 311 is just **bleep**.
List of problems
* youtube dosent run properly and in middle of a vid says connection error
* no minimizing optn
* no copy paste optn should add though
* apps in store are worst. No maze lock. Calculator missing some components. Pre loaded aps like maze, even introduction cant be deleted and have no use. The difference between device update is none.
* phone restarts a lot. Have 1ghz processor i think it has crashed.
* connection problems with my bh-505 device which used to run fab with nokia 5800.

I regret buying this phone. I bought because of the impression my last nokia phones like 5233, 5230, 5800. Left on me but really this phone had my head down. Apps are like hell in the store. Just gonna sell this and buy a grand. Thought to buy lumia 820 but on comparing them online thought not to take more risk. Also it has got big screen pdf note and all windows app along with android aps. Bye nokia :-(
Please use plain text.
Michio

Why is Asha 311 is not in supportive of a lot of applications as compared to Asha 303?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sufyan540

still there is no brightness controller option , it hurts to eyes when i uses to chat at night .

plzzz nokia hurryup and give us a good update

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Damarf

the same problem latest update
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Damarf

wifi cant connect and hands free not work
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Damarf, does Wi-Fi not work in general or with some special feature (YouTube and/or software update)? Which Wi-Fi access point do you use (manufacturer, model, firmware version).

Hands-free? Do you mean Bluetooth? Could you elaborate a bit more? Because both feature work here with my Nokia 311.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ShashiJedi

Nokia Asha 311 is the worst phone ever made. Full of problems, touch screen problem, wifi problem, internet problem.... I have used Nokia 6600, Nokia 6210 Navigator both were ultimate but NEVER EXPECTED FROM NOKIA that they will release a phone with so many problems. I think that Asha is outsourced or tie-up because this phone does not have Nokia's footprints. God Bless You. Shashidhar. M
Please use plain text.
eagles1313

i wish you got the answer, i just got my hands on one and because data are blocked( a Company package that needs bbry to work) and until it is fixed i have only wifi wgich it is not working!!!!
Please use plain text.
eagles1313

does anyone know the security code or it is unick?i need to reset this thing
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

eagles1313 wrote:
because data are blocked( a Company package that needs bbry to work) and until it is fixed i have only wifi wgich it is not working!

Which network operator do you use?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nyash

What is Nokia response to this?
Regards
Nyash
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

You are about the missing brightness controller, aren’t you? Does this help?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
josindo

I will be travelling in Japan with my Asha 311 and a locally bought sim card.

Can anyone confirm that this phone will definitely work in Japan?

I would hate to get there and have a problem.

Thanks in advance.

Saravana_130 wrote:
Will nokia asha 311 support multitasking

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Majidnazeer

it is problem with your jack connecter i think so
Please use plain text.