Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Asha 311

Advisor
M_Karthik

Asha 311

Hi.

I bought a new Asha 311 phone,

I found a problem of frequent restarting which i also found the version itself has the problem.

Check whether ur mobile to has the same problem:

Problem path: Settings > tone settings or theme settings > Theme/tone downloads > click on the star symbol > About > about.. and the phone restarts.

I dont know for wat its getting restarted can any one tell.

My phone is with the nokia care people from past 40 days and i still dint get my phone back... 

I have attached my  mobile's job sheet given by nokia care... 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Asha 311

Hi M_Karthik,

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing. As you have already visited and left the phone with your local Nokia Care point, all that can be done is to wait until they have completed your repair job. As this is a user-to-user forum only, we have no direct contact with Nokia Care outlets and are therefore unable to advise you on the progress of your phone job.

Please contact your local Nokia Care point again, if you are wondering on possible waiting times for the job to be completed.

Please also refrain in future from posting personal data in the form of the repair receipt you posted, as it has your personal details and address, in case you were unaware.....
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
M_Karthik

Hi,

i got my mobile replaced but the problem exist in the new one also.. I don't know wat to do... i  have a warranty certificate but cant do anything to get my problem solved.... nokia care guys said that it cant be solved, i have no other go and use the same set

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hi M_Karthik,

I don't believe what was said, unfortunately. I too had a problem with my N8 a few years back and had to take it back three times and tell them that it wasn't working each time, until finally they issued me with a replacement brand-new handset (not just the same one which they attempted repairing/refurbishing). In this case, as inconvenient as it may be, you will need to return to your Nokia Care point again and be firm with them.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
M_Karthik

Hi Adrianhughes,

Buy a brand new ASHA 311 n try dis out

Settings > tone settings or theme settings > Theme/tone downloads > click on the star symbol > About > about.

phone restarts:smileysad::smileyembarrassed: 

I feel dis is a NOKIA PRODUCT launched before complete testing :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Is it the ONLY time it restarts when you go to ..Settings.....About..path or it happens otherwise also. It will be a good try to see if the same happens with another SIM ( borrow from friends / family members). If it doesn't, you may get the SIM replaced from your Operator. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
M_Karthik

Hi Farby,

It not only restarts in the above path, also during listening music, browsing, playing games.. etc. I tried with the other SIM also, same is happening.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Whats the result if you take out the Memory Card ? 

..also check if there is any Firmware update available. You may do this using Nokia Suite following the procedure given here ...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
M_Karthik

its found wit the handset just opened from the box.... nothing to do with memory card..... out of curiosity just to reconfirm even tried it once :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
M_Karthik

wat do u want me do now......? having huge craze on nokia brand i purchased this set... now i am very much disappointed with this.. i dont have a feeling like using a new product...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Cadz

Hi.. i'm an asha 311 owner too and I tried the problem path. Guess what.. my phone restarts too.

Maybe Nokia is hiding something on the about-about part. (Just Kidding)

Nokia Lover since childhood.
my phones are 3120c, 303, and 311.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Nah.. Nothing about hiding it. The about file only shows the information about the Open Source parts of the browser..
The restarts were because of memory management problems in the phone which were fixed in later firmware updates. Do you have the latest update? 5.xx?
Please use plain text.
Employee
armagon

Hmm. If I go to Settings->Themes->Theme Downloads on my test phone (with 5.92 SW) the process seems to work fine. By default there is only one download location (Nokia Store), that triggered m.nokia.mobi site. That's not the Nokia Store though... which is interesting. But otherwise I did not see any reboot schenario happening here.

For anyone experiencing issues with the device I'd indeed recomment updating to 5.92 SW. If the problems still persist after the update, let us know.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/nokia-x-updates/
http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/nokia-x2-update/
http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/asha-software-update/
http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Nokia_firmware_change_logs
https://twitter.com/LumiaSWUpdates
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Antijudischen

hi,

I am a new user nokia asha 311, and I didn't know how to editing the name of the song,artist, or genre on the music list

pls help me 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Tag editing isn't possible on the device. You need to make the changes on a pc and then transfer to the phone.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
khixz

Blah blah. .updating firmware dosnt completely fix memory management! I already updated my my sw to 5.92 and still when browsing or even txting there still a very annoying restarting issue on my device! @_@
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Cadz

my software is of the latest available (5.92) upon doing it. :smileyhappy:

maybe my phone's memory space is causing the issue.

anyway, Merry Christmas pipz!
Nokia Lover since childhood.
my phones are 3120c, 303, and 311.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Antijudischen

can't possibly to use the nokia PC ?

huh..

Please use plain text.
musica