Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Battery issues of Asha 206 and other woes

Contributor
pratheeshps

Battery issues of Asha 206 and other woes

I have been using a Dual sim version of new Asha206 for 5 days.Company says it has a 25 days of Standby time and 64 MB internal memory..But my phone has only 18 MB total memory..My phone is very sluggish ..Also I get only 1 to 1.5 days of battery backup with 1 SIM only..I am a very moderate user and only major thing I have done with this phone is browsing of abt 1 hour per day...Also I am getting weak signals where my other phone shows strong signals? Does battery having any issues?Is their issues with my phone considering its new?
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

it takes at least a few charge and discharge cycles before a phone battery 'breaks in'. the standby time is a theoretical maximum, and from the sound of things you have done 1 hour of web browsing a day......even in this day and age, smartphones with much larger batteries only manage 4 or 5 hours of web browsing over WiFi (and you are using it over cellular network which consumes more battery). from my estimates, i'd say that the battery life you are getting is normal. I would give it another week or so and come back here if you are still experiencing problems.
Contributor
pratheeshps

1.    I never expect my battery to last for 25 days.Ideal battery backup is normally 3 days,& I  am not getting that too..   that's why I complained.

I will check with your suggestions in coming days...

2. About the phones's internal memory,only available phone memory is 19 Mb,which is nowhere near 64 Mb.One Nokia care executive claimed that I get 64 Mb,when I reset my configuration settings,but it didn't worked

Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

as for the phone's internal memory, there is no way that it is ever the stated storage, for example a 32GB microSD card is never truly 32GB, perhaps 29GB? or for 16GB, perhaps 14GB? as space is reserved for formatting and all of that. Same applies for hard drives etc, whether they be conventional or solid-state disks. 19MB does seem a little low, but it could be completely normal too if a lot of it is reserved for system applications and built-in apps etc.
Sage
carlee12

64 MB referring for ROM. How many hours did you charge you're phone in it's first Charge?
I love T9 Bar Phones | I used to be a Sony Ericson fan before but they leave the low end Phones so I have to switch to Nokia | LG Optimus L5 II and Nokia 206 3
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

ROM is read-only memory, and is not accessible by the end user in any way and cannot be modified. Neither is RAM. The OP is therefore referring to the internal storage memory for things such as photos, videos, music etc. This is not much memory anyway, so really it is recommended to invest in a microSD card to expand the memory.
Contributor
pratheeshps

carlee12 wrote:
64 MB referring for ROM. How many hours did you charge you're phone in it's first Charge?

I charged for abt 3- 4 hours & stopped when "Battery Full" indiction displayed on the phone..

Contributor
pratheeshps

adrianhughes wrote:
ROM is read-only memory, and is not accessible by the end user in any way and cannot be modified. Neither is RAM. The OP is therefore referring to the internal storage memory for things such as photos, videos, music etc. This is not much memory anyway, so really it is recommended to invest in a microSD card to expand the memory.

I do have a 8 Gb microSD card but here I am indicating the internal memory of Asha 206..In the phone spec,it shows that it has 64 MB while in my phone it shows only 19 MB...

I think low internal memory leads to lagging issues in phone & do have one..Do you think internal memory is the issue?

What are the other issues caused by low internal memory?

Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

yes 64MB is low but there may be more firmware updates for the device which will increase its performance and other optimisations. The 110 I have only has 10MB or so of internal memory, and it is absolutely lightning quick when I put in a 32GB microSD card of mine with about 2000 songs on it, and it built the music library fine and without issues in about two minutes or so. General phone operation is lightning quick too. I think the 19MB free issue is moot, because it is using some of that for internal applications and formatted space, just as I described in my earlier post in this thread.

I believe that the issues will be fixed, obviously can't comment on whether the 206 will get any more firmware updates or not, because it is not known by anyone, but i'd sit tight as Nokia are usually very very good at addressing issues with their phones and are stellar at providing a constant supply of updates to their devices.
Sage
carlee12

Hi pratheeshps,

If you're concern is the lag. You should try these, Don't put any Application and/or Games on any shortcut such as Homescreen then Go to. Apply only a Light size theme or the default Theme Instead. Disable youre Homescreen if accessible. And keep you're phone Memory more than 5MB. Hope it Helps.

Looking forward of your Reply.
I love T9 Bar Phones | I used to be a Sony Ericson fan before but they leave the low end Phones so I have to switch to Nokia | LG Optimus L5 II and Nokia 206 3
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hi mate,

Carlee12 is correct. as much as possible, try to store images / music / videos to an external memory card, and if possible then install applications on an external memory card as well.
Advisor

The volume on mine is awful it is so low so low I can't here sms tone or ringtone very well everything is maxxed on profile settings don't know whats wrong with it

Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

have you checked on the device itself that you are up to date with all firmware updates? also try performing a Restore to factory settings, and failing that, you will need to take your phone to Nokia Care: http://nokia.com/support
Advisor

The 206 has no usb port so you have to use the OTA option which I have done and there are no new updates also I have done a factory reset on it which makes no difference which I knew it wouldn't anyway.

Registered Member
mmry

Re: signal issue of Asha 206 and other woes

Dear brother i purchased one week before Nokia 206 at Sharaf DG , Dubai but the phone signal is very  very weak , I want to replace my phone , can you help with your suggestion.

mmry

Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

If you want to increase your custom ringtone sound then use Format factory. You can increase the sound level interms of percentages like 100-400%.

Get format factory at http://www.pcfreetime.com/

Hope this helps.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Counsellor
billbobaggins

Mine is ok i can hear music/ringtones loud....... just check for FOTA updates..Btw is FOTA global so i can update any country thanks.

Counsellor
noddy1222

Battery lifes are always misleading in all mobile phones. No phone will last 25 days - that is nearly a whole month without charging it. I bet you, if you didnt use the phone at all and left it running with just the sim card on standby it wont last more than 3 days.

Yes, in the old days of Nokia 402, 701, and 6310i's those batteries used to last 5-7 days. But not with these new colour screens and gizmos.
Contributor
wery

I too am facing very bad signal problem with this phone. i am repenting why I have bought this phone.

Registered Member
Paragremlin

I have to battery issues of Asha 206 dual sim . Phone works only 4 day.  And always require an Internet.