Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Bluetooth passcode

Bluetooth passcode

Hey, thanks for looking. When I attempt to pair my [6230i] phone and computer, the computer asks me for my phone's passcode. However I have not set a passcode, and I can't find how to set one/change the one there already is. I would be very grateful if you could help either by telling me the default passcode or telling me how to create/edit one.

thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

Re: Bluetooth passcode

Just type for example 123 to computer and then the same passcode to phone, 123, it should work.
Once you get it working, you can change the passcode to be more unique if you feel that is needed for extra security.
If you like the computer and phone to connect more automatically everytime you put Bluetooth on in PC and phone, use the "set as authorised" option in phone when you connect the first time, it makes the usage easier.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

The Bluetooth passcode is only used when the devices are paired (to generate encryption/decryption keys for the communications). It is not stored/saved or used after any more after the pairing has been done.

In that sense there's no point in changing it after you've successfully paired the devices.
Please use plain text.

is there not a set passcode for the phones? i have tried a few numbers but none of them work, the ons i have tried are

i also dont know how long they should be. can you help?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

The phone does not have any preset/fixed Bluetooth passcodes. Peripheral devices like headsets or GPS units usually do (because such devices won't have any way to input any codes; no keypad, for example).
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi I am trying to set up my bluetooth to my Tom Tom 510. All goes well and the Tom Tom is seen but it then asks for a passcode. I am now starting to think that TomTom supplies this? Would this be correct or if not where do I look Regards Po169007
Please use plain text.