Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Browser on 2690 not working

Registered Member
Lessa

Browser on 2690 not working

I can't open my browser.... i also downloaded the same software again but it wouldn't connect to the internet.... I can only use Web Servises default listed( like Facebook, myspace etc...) but I couldn't go to any other web adress except for those listed.... help?

Please use plain text.
Sage
thusithkb

Re: Browser on 2690 not working

Does it gives a erro 'Unable to review internet . . . . .'
check your phone's date and time. Remove your battery for 5 minutes. Try those instructions.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rakeshbhai9

After clicking the Logo of Globe when I enter to NOKIA Mobile, home, browser, web services etc. each and every logo selecting and entering no problem but during the selecting browser it is not responding at all. Several time I re-install i.e. restore factory setting but I did not get the solution.

My Nokia 2690's Calculator was missing. several times I tried by updating the nokia software of my phone through PC suite latest version. It shows that my nokia software is updated but My calculator was not recovered. 

so now in my nokia 2690 there is no calculator and browser is not working. What should I do now.

Please help me. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

rakeshbhai9, a missing calculator is quite common in the Series 40 platform, unfortunately. I myself face this sometimes, too. Even worse, I have no idea what forced this. The only solution I found yet, is to ‘refurbish’ the software of the device with the help of the Nokia Software Recovery Tool. No Windows computer or no USB port? Then, officially, this can be done only by Nokia Care points. You loose all your personal data, if you do not make a backup with Nokia Suite beforehand. Consequently, please ask your local Nokia support where to go with or send your device.

Your browser thing is related because in your model, Nokia has two Internet browsers:

1. traditional one which is started via the favorites and
  2. Nokia Xpress which is a Java MIDlet just like the Calculator
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
myvirat

Same prob with me i followed thusithkb's instructions but didnt got it correct. Is there any solution for this.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kmea

my nokia 2690 browser is not working..when i click on dis nothing happens

Please use plain text.