Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

C2-03 touch screen problems

twesa

C2-03 touch screen problems

I have nokia c2-03, the touch screen stopped functioning suddenly yesterday. It started by only shortcuts being active but now the touch screen does not work completely. I Cannot scroll, open or make calls. i cannot access settings hence cannot restore settings (if that's the case). Any help???????????

Registered Member
cenaks22

Re: C2-03 touch screen problems

i also have similar problems and don't know what to do
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Hi twesa and cenaks22,

Welcome to the Nokia forum.

You can fix the touch screen by updating the software of your phone with Nokia Suite.

Connect the phone to Nokia Suite. Once you're connected to the software, click on the green arrow and update the software by clicking on the available update.

If no software update is available you can reinstall the current software, this option is displayed in blue. 

After the phone has rebooted the touch screen wil work again.

Please get back to me if you manage to resolve your issue, otherwise I can provide further support.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
dolapo

I updated my C2-03 software via Nokia Suite and now the touchscreen is malfunctioning terribly.

What can be done?

Registered Member
bnvpavan

I am using c2 -03. My phone was irresponsible for touch for past 2 days . I have update my phone software even though the behavior is same ????????????//

dolapo

I updated my C2-03 software via Nokia Suite and now the touchscreen is malfunctioning terribly.

What else can be done?
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Pfrancoise

Hi dolapo,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Nokia forum.

We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

In order to fix this issue, I would advise you to perform a hard reset. First of all, back up your data using Nokia Suite (Tools > Back up). Once your data is fully backed up,  type *#7370# on the keypad.  Default lock code is 12345.

The hard reset will dellete all your personal information, that's why a back up is very important.

If the problem persists, I would suggest you to visit your local Nokia care point via this link.  Your phone will be checked and if it needs repair, this could be done there.

Let us know how you get on and feel free to post any other questions you may have.

Regards,
Pfrancoise

If this post has helped you to solve this issue, please press the "accept as solution" icon. Kudos would always be appreciated.
Registered Member
jonjosh

[ Edited ]

hi... i have a similar problem with them, but mine is, i don't know if what is happening on my phone.. I'm also using C2-03,. The problem is, if I touch the right button, the left button will execute the command, for example, if I press the command back, the option command will be executed. Also, I cannot press those apps labeled in the right part of the scree, whenever i press those apps, the apps from the left part will be open. How can I solve this problem? Tnx! =)

Registered Member
shekhar6279

problem with touch screen of c2-03

3 days old phone

my touch screen has issues with touch screen

if i tuch the left side then the option on right is selectd 

i cannot even access the caliberation settings

ITS a nightmare to me

Registered Member
hcptlpatil

please tell me solution our phone is touch screen is not working. all ready software is update

jonjosh wrote:

hi... i have a similar problem with them, but mine is, i don't know if what is happening on my phone.. I'm also using C2-03,. The problem is, if I touch the right button, the left button will execute the command, for example, if I press the command back, the option command will be executed. Also, I cannot press those apps labeled in the right part of the scree, whenever i press those apps, the apps from the left part will be open. How can I solve this problem? Tnx! =)

Prashanththomas

HI, 

I have a problem with my C2 03. When i select one option, another is getting selected. I handed over the phone to Shilak Inc, RT nagar, Bangalore for service, since the phone is still under warranty. But even before checking the issue, the problem was attributed to physical damage based on the scratch on the phone pannel. 

The scratch on the pannel is atleast 4 months old. So i dont expect the touch screen issue being caused due to that. 

The quotation provided is about Rs.1500/- for change of touch screen, which is almost half the price of the handset. 

Hoping to get a better solution for resolving my issue at the earliest. 

regards

Prashanth 

Registered Member
srangareddymba

Hi friends my phone also sedenlly not working at the time i went to phone shope and changed my touch that cast is  350-00Rs only.........

Contributor

Updating software has not helped at all.

Prashanththomas

Seems like there is no reply to several compalints regarding the touch screen issue on this website.

Further, I had asked Shilak Inc, RT nagar Bangalore to return by phone back in the existing condition due to their Very High quote. But they returned to me with a damaged Connecting Strip due to which the phone gets off automatically without any warning. When questioned, they showed me a hand written note which says, "when we open the handset other problems could also arise".

Now due to this issue, I am forced to spend for both touch screen and strip for repair elsewhere. Also I suppose the warranty is completly lost in this case.

Can someone in Nokia bother to provide a "SOLUTION" for this touch screen issue???? 

oussama_hinf

i have the same problem and thats why i'm here
my touch screen suddenly stops functioning and then it works after minutes i'm trying to update it now
Registered Member
SAENYI1

I hav this similar problem and the issue is more serious because even updating the phone using the pc suit is difficult. Connecting the phone to a computer using a usb cable asks to choose between Ovi suit and media transfer of which am unable to select since the touch doesn't work.
Registered Member
Kenecee

I am having the same problem. the touch doesn't command well but it will show that u touched it but no response from the phone. i have changed the touch screen but still the same.
Registered Member
ssob

Hi all,

The problem with my C2-03 is that i was not able to activate the top row icons, viz calander, contacts, music etc. But yesterday i reinstalled the software via NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER and now my phone functions perfectly.

Registered Member
worla1

I have nokia c2-03, the touch screen stopped functioning suddenly yesterday. It started by only shortcuts being active but now the touch screen does not work completely. I Cannot scroll, open or make calls. i cannot access settings hence cannot restore settings (if that's the case). Any help

Registered Member
suha

hi

me too have same problem,touchis not working,i updated the software...