Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Call Barring

Contributor

Call Barring

Is it possible on a Nokia Phone to set pre set dialled numbers in. I was on 3 Network and when I used to give my grandson the phone he would use it for Premium Rate Numbers etc. So I went into the phone and set up something called fixed dialled numbers so that they were the only numbers he could call.

I have a standard Nokia phone which want to give to him but is there any way of allowing him to just make certain calls?? Any help would me much appreciated. I have gone down the lines of calling o2 and generally speaking they only bar premium rate numbers but not national rate number starting with 0870 or 0871 as he has been on these as well
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

Re: Call Barring

Fixed dialling is a service that needs to be activated on your account with the network operator, whoever they are.

Once you have that, you can control the service via the security settings menu (the exact path through the menus will depend on which Nokia model you have).
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thanks ever so much, quick question can any network provider do fixed dialling?? I am going with O2 will give them a call in morning, but people on here seem to be more aware of the current market sometimes.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

All networks are capable of doing it, and as far as I'm aware most European providers do offer it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi Sorry to trouble you again.

What is the difference between Pin and Pin2 (also who will provide you with PIN2 is it the phone manufacturer or the network privider)

I know that there is a PUK and PUK2 as well which come up on my phone. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

The PIN is used to give access to your SIM card (if you have PIN request switched on). PIN2 is used to access certain other network services, which may include call barring and fixed dialling.

If you are asked to enter your PIN and you enter it incorrectly several times, your SIM will be locked and you will need the PUK to unlock it.

All four codes are SIM-related and provided by your network operator.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Call Barring and Premium Rate Blocking and Internet Blocking

Thanks ever so much for your help MccBleue if you could read the following and put any adjustments so it may be of help to others in the end I have managed to get the following sorted as only wanted my nephew to call normal mobile numbers and send SMS, so generally speaking did not want him to access internet and premium rate and local national rate numbers, hence will put this post up as hopefully will help others in the same problem

First of all most Network providers only offer Premium Rate Barring but this does not include 0870 and 0871 Numbers hence someone under age could contact these numbers still, but mainly Vodaphone and Virgin offer Blocking service only on prem,ium numbers O2 currently don't but O2 however do offer internet blocking which is a good feature as other providers all don't. So in the end I decided on o2 as the following

First of all bought a phone with FDN function (Fixed Dialled Numbers) what this means is that you can input only certain numbers into the phone which you want the person to call but to do this you will need a Pin2 number not PIN as this is only for phone blocking therefore to get PIN2 will have to ask the network provider i.e. o2 in this case (note: not all network providers offer Pin 2 service so be careful and ask as I found out the expensive way and ended up going with o2)after this go into settings or security and go to FDN Fixed Dialling Numbers not all handsets have it (I did not know if Nokia did to be honest but would be good if they did offer it maybe on the more expensive handsets they do)...

Purchase a handset through O2 and then after this get them to get Pin2 from network provider after this you can then change this number but keep it safe so if other person wants any numbers put in you are the only one with the code. Generall speaking I would like to thank MccBleue for his help and also hope this will help others as also know some people in general may suffer from chat line addictions so this may be of help to them as well. Nanak
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jemmy_logan

call barring password ??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

I think it should be 12345

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

what phone have you ?if is an s60 device you can use two apps from the ovi store best blacklist and blackballer

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.