Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Call Restrictions feature don't have Restrictions ...

Contributor

Call Restrictions feature don't have Restrictions Password - Nokia 2330 - Silver and Black

Hello,

I have a Nokia 2330 classic, the silver and black phone. Honestly, I love my little phone, and I wanted to start with some standard before I dish out $100 + bucks for my first phone back with T-mobile without a contract (no commitments, which I love). Please help me with the Cancel all call restrictions (requests the system to cancel al call restrictions) option located within Call restrictions which is located within Security which is located within Settings. Settings > Security > Call restrictions > Cancel all call restrictions It keeps asking me for a Restriction password which I contacted T-mobile several times and they don't have a clue why my phone is requesting this. T-mobile doesn't even know the password for this feature on my phone, and they tried providing me several codes which they thought my work such as 1234 (the default code) with no success. I'm glad with all the random codes after the default they (T-Mobile) had me enter as the restriction password for canceling all the call restrictions I didn't cause any further problems to my phone such as being locked out but luckily it isn't like a PIN Code or Security Code then I would have. Their last result for me was I had to submit a exchange request for another phone. But at my level of frustration/lack of faith with T-mobile, I refuse to purchase a completely different phone with them at full retail price because I said to them how will I know the next phone I receive won't encounter the same problem. I chose to exchange my phone for the same make and model, and I'm waiting for them to process the request. It would save me a great deal of time and money (they will be charging me the same amount for my current phone for the exchange, but they said they would credit me back the amount of my current phone within 30 days of receipt of the "defective" one). Also, I grown attached and quite fond of my Nokia 2330 within the 1 day I had, so I don't want purchase another phone at full retail price just yet. I hope for their sake and mine that the exchange phone which is the same make and model will let me access this feature without entering a password. Last but not least, T-mobile contacted Nokia and was told that my phone shouldn't be requesting a password to cancel al call restrictions and offered the solution to restore all settings. It didn't help a bit, so if anyone out there encountered a similar issue with their phone then I will love to hear about it and the resolution.

Thanks for your time, your help, and your consideration!

Very Sincerely,

K.Jones

Have a wonderful day & Thanksgiving Week!

P.S. They want me to once I receive the exchange take the SIM card out of my current phone and put it into the exchange phone. I informed them (T-mobile) if I can't access this feature on the exchange phone then my next call will be requesting a refund. Additionally, I will be not purchase another phone from T-Mobile, but through a third party that is unlocked. I do want to keep my service since I haven't experienced any problems with it yet. Any suggestions just in case? :-D

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sheikhs

Re: Call Restrictions feature don't have Restrictions Password - Nokia 2330 - Silver and Black

Hi,
I am supporting as Tech Support for a network provider (Mobily, KSA)
I have the issue related with call restrictions, as nokia handset doesn't support for call restrictions
either it may be Call barring, in this call barring you will get options as International call barring(Incoming/Outgoing)
All call barring(incoming/outgoing). So to cancel all the barring services you need to enter PIN2 as service provider provides PIN1 and PIN2. So ask PIN2 and enter in to Barring Calls all the Barring action will be Canceled
You won't get a second chance to create a first good impression.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Call Restrictions feature don't have Restrictions Password - Nokia 2330 - Silver and Black

I have similar problem Nokia 2330 is saying Enter Restriction Code.  Don't know what this is.  Fed up with it already?  Any clues!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Did you find out how to overcome  phone restrictions on your  2330.  I have just  bought

the Nokia  2330 ,    worked ok in London with  my UK 02  sim card.  Arrived in Dublin yesterday and put in

my  irish 02 sim card  and   get phone restricted.    Called customer  service in 02

and wasting my time.   Thanks for  any help  anyone can give.

SPB

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thank you for the helpful information you provided! 

Have a wonderful day too!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thanks for replying to my post. Unfortunately, still no resolution from T-mobile customer service, so I just deal with my restrictions since life is full of them anyways. Why not another one, right? I was really frustrated at first, believe me, so I can definitely understand. I apologize if I couldn't be of any assistance. 

Thanks again, and have a wonderful day!

:smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I still didn't overcome the phone restrictions, and I just accepted the fact that T-mobile doesn't have these PIN codes available for my phone. I guess I'm just one of those unlucky customers, go figures. Also, I apologize if I couldn't be of further assistance.

Thanks for your reply, and have a wonderful day!

:smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MeetYourMaker

Its very easy to fix all of your problems.  Restore the phone to factory default, oh, and the default code is 12345.

MeetYourMaker

Please use plain text.