Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Camera problem Nokia 6500 slide

Camera problem Nokia 6500 slide

Hi, everytime I open the camera on my nokia 6500 slide it says:"camera on standby". Does anybody know how to fix this problem.

Please let me know

Thanks
Johan
Please use plain text.
Professor
jericho

Re: Camera problem Nokia 6500 slide

Any settings wont fix your problem..Better try to do a soft reset and if it doesnt work do a hard reset..
Please use plain text.

What do you mean do a hard reset. I tried restore factory settings and I tried reinstalling the software from Nokia site. Is there anything else that I can do?

Johan
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Johan:

No comfort to you, I know, but I've just begun having the same problem on my 8101.

I select camera in the menu and get the message Operation Failed, then it changes to Camera on Standby. I've tried soft and hard resets (if hard reset means removing the battery, letting it rest for half an hour and then reinstalling the battery and rebooting), without success.

Leigh
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
i have same problem..:smileysad: how to fix it??????????????????

**Moderator Note: Edited swearing out.**

Message Edited by linwood on 14-Apr-2008 08:06 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

yeah I have the same problem!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i have the some problem too.

my camera is 98% in standby ... and when i press a key , it often happens nothing.

i have version 6.6 and my friend has the same handy with version 4.84. and the older version is allright.

how has a solution for the problem? can i fix my version 6.6 to 4.84 ???

or when it gives a new version ?

i want USE my telephone.

Help me !!!
Please use plain text.

If anyone has fixed this, please let me know. It's driving me crazy!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Yeah my camera started playing up two weeks ago on my 6500 slide. Came up with camera on standby now and again (as if battery was low) now I cant get the camera to work at all, constantly on standby.
I`ve just replaced the earpiece as it was distorted and I could barely hear anyone, hope there is a fix for this. Dont really want to be shelling out a new camera for a phone that isnt very old.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

My Camera went on standby today. I rang Nokia support line and they helped me fix the problem.

All I had to do was turn the phone off, take the back cover off, remove the battery and the sim card. Wait approximately 20 seconds. Put the sim card and battery back in, put he cover on and turned the phone on. Test the camera. Camera now working.

Hope this helps

Cheers....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

Maybe you just need to tighten up the back panel cover and to refresh/restart the phone. At least it is working for you now.

and

Try updating your phone's firmware by clicking to this link below:

http://europe.nokia.com/A4579163

Make sure you meet the system requirements before proceeding and backup some of your important contents.

Good luck

:smileyhappy:

here is the ..... solver...can solve in a minute.

go to camera on the left open options inside that at the end see you have got setting and at the end of setting you have got memory storage. if it is Phone memory change to Memory card if it is memory card change it to phone memory. Best of luck..it is the way..u can solve it...
if u did it...send me a message thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

24-Oct-2008 06:35 AM
kingmasih wrote:
here is the ..... solver...can solve in a minute.

go to camera on the left open options inside that at the end see you have got setting and at the end of setting you have got memory storage. if it is Phone memory change to Memory card if it is memory card change it to phone memory. Best of luck..it is the way..u can solve it...
if u did it...send me a message thanks.

I tried this a few times and it did not work for me. I also tried soft and hard rest as well without any luck. Is there any other way to fix this problem?? I tried updating the fireware as well, and nothing worked for me.

This is very frustrating!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I had the same problem got a quote for $75-$120 to fix but found a better way .......just drop it.....yup thats right I dropped mine about 10inchs on a table and the camera came back on :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

This just worked for me...fantastic, whilst camera on standby, dropped the phone from 30cm in the air on to carpet floor and then the camera came on. Just like that !   Try it, if it works for you too, post on here, there are thousands of people with this same problem
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
salman_jo

i have tried evry thing, update the software, reset the phones many times , i left and drop the phone more over than 50 cm , and no changes im still have the same problem , please help me

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
freddyjubjub

grumpy221 wrote:
I had the same problem got a quote for $75-$120 to fix but found a better way .......just drop it.....yup thats right I dropped mine about 10inchs on a table and the camera came back on :smileytongue:

your a legend thx man took a couple of drops but it worked

:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Grumpy, well I am thinking to tell to Nokia if they can put this kind of invention on the user manual, if it is proven to work for many people, but I was surprised to which side of the phone did u drop it of course the momentum and Velocity is also needed, and was the slide open or closed while the Operation. According to your experience,would it be smart to drop it on the weekdays or weekends after the BEER. Let us know

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yasinshah

Hi, everytime I open the camera on my nokia 6500 slide it says:"camera on standby". Does anybody know how to fix this problem.

Please use plain text.