Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Can't get my phone off Silent

Can't get my phone off Silent

Help please don't know how but my phone is set on silent and I can't find the menu to get it off!!.

Peter
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Can't get my phone off Silent

Whilst at the home screen press (don't hold) the power button and select general on the menu that appears.

On some phones you can hold down the # key whilst on the home screen to switch between silent and general.

You can also find an option called "profiles" in the settings, this will let you switch.
Please use plain text.

Thanks for that - I can hear my phone ring when someone calls me but when i ring out I can hear nothing. How come?

peter
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Which phone do you have?

So if someone calls you can hear and speak to them but if you call them you can't hear them?
Please use plain text.

It's Nokia 1600 I can hear an incoming ringtone but not an outgoing one. Anyone I call cannot hear me and I can't hear them if i ring them. I think its died!!

Peter
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

It does look that way, probably a hardware failure.

Take it to a nokia care point and ask them to inspect it for you. They may be able to repair it.

Care points/service centres and repair info:

UKEuropeAsia-PacificUSA
CanadaMiddle East and Africa

Elsewhere: Click here, select your country, go to the support section, then select repair.
Please use plain text.

Thanks for your , but it looks dead.
Please use plain text.