Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Can't open collection

Tenthofnovember

Can't open collection

My asha 300 automatically restarts when I open the collection folder. I want to restore to factory settings but I'm affraid that I'll lose all my conversations. Therefore, I can't use Whatsapp. Any solutions? Please
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
astra2025

Re: Can't open collection

Hi Tenthofnovember

In order to fix the issue, I advise you to perform a soft reset. Type *#7780# on the phone's keypad. The default lock code is 12345. 

This will not delete any data from your device. 

If you wish to perform a hard reset in the future and want to make sure all your data is safe, please download Nokia Suite, connect your device to it via bluetooth and go to Options > Back up.

Once the the soft reset is complete, the phone should not restart when opening "Collections". 

Let us know how you get on and feel free to post any other questions you may have.

Regards,

astra2025 

Press the 'Accept Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VasuSingh

Re: Can't open collection

I too am facing a similar problem. The moment i try opening collections, my phone automatically shuts off and restarts. I am unable to use Whatsapp. Now, as suggested I did try to soft reset my phone but to no avail. Is there anything else i can do on my own or do i need to visit nokia service center?

Please use plain text.