Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Challenging task of restoring appx. 3k disappeared...

petr21

Challenging task of restoring appx. 3k disappeared messages of 6300

Dear experts,

I'd appreciate should you help me try to solve a well challenging task, that is.

Here's what happened: My elderly Nokia 6300 is not working as it used to, unfortunately, and thus I was having some freezing and recharging issues which resulted in an odd kind of phone restart after which I found my phone to be set to the default Nokia/Vodafone theme. That would not be such a big deal if all the sent messages (well over a thousand) and more than 2 thousand received ones had not been gone. They vanished into thin air, that is, my friends :smileyhappy: I was left with only 5 oldest (received) ones. Notes, most of settings, calendar items and contacts are there and healthy.

Nokia PC Suite only sees those 5 messages, and in its .db3 file no other can be found using SQL Lite Browser. Under any of the methos of USB/Bluetooth connection I was not able to see any files in the phone memory, and I did not manage to view the memory connected as a windows folder so I would have been able to try TestDisk, for instance. (Should that be even possible.)

I was hoping that Oxygen Phone Manager II, being a sort of a professional thing, could help. I managed to see the phone within the interface, load notes and other stuff, but when trying to red the messages I got no result, and moreover the program half-freezed and had to be restarted if wanted to be used properly afterwards.

I tried a couple of Linux (but Win32 binaries) command utilities (Wammu & Gnokii) but did not manage to reach the phone.

I guess we all know that as long as data are not replaced, they are not deleted. I simply need to get the whole segment of the phone memory where text messages are stored to the computer and then play with it. It may be partially ruined, but I do not believe that the messages are gone, as the programs try to tell me.

I'd greatly appreciate if you could think about this, thank you.

Please use plain text.
petr21

Re: Challenging task of restoring appx. 3k disappeared messages of 6300

No ideas, gentlemen?

Please use plain text.