Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Charging a 2730 Classic

Registered Member
Carpets

Charging a 2730 Classic

I have a Nokia 2730 Classic where the battery is flat and I need to charge it up to check an SD card I have. Unfortunately, the phone has no sign of life and will not charge up.

Can somebody tell me if this is a fault with the battery as there are no signs of life when I plug in the original charger or my work phone charger which have both worked in the past.

Any help will be appreciated 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Charging a 2730 Classic

It could be a problem with any of the 3. A process of elimination should tell you which it is.

We will start with the charger because it should be easy enough to get your hands on another charger or another phone which uses the same charger. Try another charger with the phone and/or try another charger with your phone.

If you eliminate the charger as the problem then try the battery using the same process as above. Personally I think the battery is the most likely culprit as Li-oh batteries will not recharge using normal chargers once the voltage drops below a critical level. This could have happened if you leave your phone unused for a very long time, especially if the battery was low to start off with.

If you eliminate the battery as well then the problem is with the phone which probably means a visit to your local Nokia Care point.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Carpets

Re: Charging a 2730 Classic

Many thanks for your response.  I have tried the first option already by trying a charger from work which I know has worked in the past so I think, as you state, that it could be the battery.

I will shop around and get a new battery and see if this does the trick.  I will keep everything crossed.

Many thanks

Please use plain text.