Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Connect Nokia 1680c-2 to PC

Registered Member
robertbrown

Connect Nokia 1680c-2 to PC

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone :smileyhappy:

My mother accidentally deleted an important photo from her Nokia 1680c-2.  I have been searching on the internet and found several good file recovery software.

Tomorrow I should acquire the relevant cable that connects to the USB port of the computer.

My question is, how do you connect the phone to the computer?  I heard that one must install some kind of software, but which software?

Moreover, does the phone appear as a drive letter in Windows, because I read that I wouldn't be able to recover the photo if the phone does not appear as a drive letter?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Connect Nokia 1680c-2 to PC

@robertbrown

Welcome to the forum!

Have a look at this post:/t5/Accessories-Car-Phones-and-Other/Nokia-1680-connectivity-with-PC-through-serial-cable/m-p/483762...

As it was never Nokia's intention for 1680Classic to be accessed this way, the issue is sometimes finding the correct "driver" for installation and use of acquired cable!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.