Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Connecting Nokia 6020 to PC via USB - help!

Contributor

Connecting Nokia 6020 to PC via USB - help!

I want to download the pictures from my phone to the PC. I downloaded PC suite, but when I connect my phone it doesn't 'see' it.
I've tried updating drivers and restarting but nothing seems to work - I don't have bluetooth or infred capability on this phone, nor can I email the pictures.

Can anyone suggest what i can do to retreive my pictures please?

Dave
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

Re: Connecting Nokia 6020 to PC via USB - help!

pc system info and cable type info?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Cable is CA-42.

PC is a Windows machine that belongs to my father-in-law, I'm a Mac man so know very little else about it. It was desperation that forced me to try PC suite on his machine.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

There's a sticker on the front that says Windows XP - hope that helps.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

open pc suite - help - about and then press the "i" to check the system
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

I try ti read carefully the first thread: you said you downloaded PC Suite, but did you also INSTALL it ?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Yes.

I followed the instructions and installed it.

I then used the 'Store Images' icon which asked me to plug the phone in, which I did, but it didn't register (find it), I left it a while as I knew it may take sometime to check for drivers, etc but it still didn't work.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

If you are still trying this, check my computer-right click it - manage - device manager - when phone is now connected to pc with the ca-42 cable, check what you see in the device manaher list, any devices with yellow question marks ? If yes, try to right click it and select update driver.

If this does not help, select the uninstall, boot PC and when reopened. open PC Suite select "get connected" and follow the wizard to see if it then connects
Please use plain text.