Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E symbol on my new Nokia 2700c-2 clasic

Registered Member

E symbol on my new Nokia 2700c-2 clasic

Hi Guys,

Bought a Nokia 2700 clasic and there is always a big E on the top left of the display.  I've looked through the manual but it doesnt say what it is.  

I'm afraid of getting charged for some service which i dont use.

Please help.

TX,

John

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: E symbol on my new Nokia 2700c-2 clasic

hi have you tried this

Packet data

General packet radio service (GPRS) is a network service

that allows mobile phones to send and receive data over

an internet protocol (IP)-based network.

To define how to use the service, select Menu >

Settings > Connectivity > Packet data > Packet data

conn. and from the following options:

When needed — to establish the packet data

connection when an application needs it. The

connection is closed when the application is

terminated.

Always online — to automatically connect to a packet

data network when you switch the phone on

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi!

the letter "E" that is showing on the left upper side of your screen (sometimes beside the network signal or under it) is for EDGE or E-GPRS (Hi-speed data network) that is available in your area or your operator is providing. You can switch it to "always on" or "when needed".

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

as quite clearly explained above

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wijit

The manual is terible. The big E got on my screen after I downloaded an application to my phone via a link in a SMS. DTAC in Thailand provides access points for EDGE/GPRS services but not for free. So when you see a big E or G you have already paid a fee.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

It doesn't matter if E symbol appears or not. You'll be charged when your phone gets connected to internet.
If you have set an e mail account on 2700c then it will connect to internet to sync the mailbox.
You'll be only charged when E symbol with border around it appears and there is no need to worry if only E or G appears. They are normal. If you want to get rid of that symbol when you are not using internet then change settings to 'when available' in connectivity-packet data-packet data connection.

Hope this helps you.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.