Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Email on 3 alerts and applications running in the ...

Nedi_19

Email on 3 alerts and applications running in the background

[ Edited ]

I have 2 questions regarding my Nokia 2730 classic:

1. How do I stop my phone alerting me that I have received a new email?? Its so annoying because I get lots of emails during the day and I don't want my phone to tell me about it every 5 mins (it alerts me the same way I get an sms). I only want to recieve notifications for sms's (not emails!!) - Does anyone know how to turn this alert thing off??

2. How can I check what applications I have running in the background on my phone? I read somewhere that you hold the menu key down and a list is supposed to pop up?? This doesn't happen to me!

PLease help! THanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Email on 3 alerts and applications running in the background

1. Most probably the setting will be available in Profile -->Personalise-->E-mail alert tone--> set to 'None'..

2. As far as i know on Series 40 phones like Nokia 2730c other applications can not run in background...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Nedi_19

Thanks for your reply.

I've looked in the profile section and there isnt anything there that I can see that is specific to Email tones.

Its not really the tone that bothers me, its the fact that I receive the notiification in the first place.

I wouldn't think it was a profile thing, more like a settings thing?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

When an e-mail is received the alert can be in two ways... Sound and Visual... for sound  the setting is normally in profile.. where you can set 'None' as in the case of Call and Text alerts... For visual display the settings may be in Home screen settings (if you have..)...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
pante

Hi Nedi,

It's a sad thing for me, because I wanted to have that feature but it's unavailable for my 2730, it's not activated by the provider....so lucky you I would say :smileyhappy:

Anyway, may I know what email providers are you using?

You can turn off the email alerts by following these steps:

1. Go to Messaging --> E-mail

2. Sign in to one of your emails

3. Once you're in the inbox, left click (options) and select E-mail alerts

4. Here you just need to tick off the checkbox so you will not receive any alerts from now on

Good luck!

Cheers,

pante

Please use plain text.