Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Emergency Calls Only! message on my phone

Emergency Calls Only! message on my phone

I cannot use my phone. I am not getting any calls through to it either. Yes, I've paid my bill and it is not overdue. Called my service provider. Everything looks fine on their end, so it has to be the phone itself. I think all phones once the service is disconnected can use them for emergenccies, like women using them to dial 911. Could I have "formatted" the phone in some way? Sounds like it needs to be re-programmed from my end. Any suggestions?
Mobile Sensei

Re: Emergency Calls Only! message on my phone

Is it in "Offline" profile mode, by chance?

If so, change it to "General" or anything else.

If not, and your SIM card works on some other phone, it seems like broken somehow. In which case you should take it to a Nokia service/repair center: http://www.nokia.com/repair
Registered Member

Since I changed Offline to General, it shows my network detail. And my phone become usable again. That is great help, I am glad I joined this discussion group. As I just bought a new phone, so I worried is my phone faulty. I am so much relieved now.
Thanks again.
Registered Member
The_Bereans

i also experience it. If you are using N8. try to off you cellphone then ON it again. You will see a message " do you want to continue in OFFLINE mode?" press NO.
Registered Member
pinknruby

nice one.  solved the same problem for me too.  Thanks!!!!