Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Error in Connection to Communities,Chat,Mail Nokia...

Snow43211
Accepted Solution

Error in Connection to Communities,Chat,Mail Nokia X2-01

Model: Nokia X2-01

Sim Card: Smart Buddy Sim Card

Problem: I can't connect to Communities, Chat or Mail it gives me an error like Communication Error Please Try Again Later how can i fix this i tried several time i got a lot of load/prepaid and my Opera and other Internet is working not just just with that 3.

Please Help me i tried the x3 solutions but it wont work on nokia X2-01 Series please help

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Snow43211

Re: Error in Connection to Communities,Chat,Mail Nokia X2-01

Please Help me!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
switayee

I have the same problem.. i bought x2-01 last March 03 2011, and upto now I cant login to communities... very disappointing... Wrong advertisement.. badshot..

Please use plain text.
Snow43211

Yeah me too wrong advertisements.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
switayee

what shud we do... ?

Please use plain text.
Snow43211

I dont really know how to fix this from where are you what sim are u using?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
adellerosales

yes! very DISAPPOINTING!!!... PLS. MAKE IMMEDIATE ACTION WITH THIS PROBLEM.. AT FIRST, I'M SO AMAZED WITH THIS FEATURE OF THE PHONE THAT'S WHY I BOUGHT MY UNIT,. BUT SO DISAPPOINTING TO KNOW THAT IT NEVER WORKS... !!!!!..

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
ThreeOs

Hi all,

From Menu > Settings > Configuration check that Preferred access point is correct (for your operator). Also try if activating Default in all apps -setting makes any difference.

If doesn't work with operator access point try the following (still in Configuration -menu) select Personal settings > Add (or Options > Add new if there are settings already). Create a new Access point and Web configuration with default settings (default names created are My access point and My web. Then select My access point as Preferred access point, Personal config as Default config settings and also activate Default in all apps -setting. Then try e.g. using Communities again.

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
larz

it doesn't work at all....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
larz

why i can't open my communities.. pls reply me a quick and unde:smileysad:rstandable solution pls!:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Try updating or reinstalling firmware. Install ovi suite on your computer, connect your phone and select updates.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ayzcandypop

i can't access my communities! damn!! wrong advertisement!!!
Please use plain text.
dAiFU

what sim are u using?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
akymcsjk

here is solotion........................ first of all activate internet plan for your phon

then go to menu --->settings --->configuration--->personal settings---->add--->Access point

here rename your account as gprs or access point.. when it done go to access point setting select bearer setting. in this u have first option packet data access point ,select  it. here rename it with your internet provider (e.g -- i use bsnl so i name it as "bsnlnet" because to access gprs in phone bsnl provide setting as bsnlnet). so select your service provide..

save it.activate it. now came back in configrution menu . here u have option preferred access point. in this activate you personal access point which you recently creat.

thats it.. ENJOY.. :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
ThreeOs

Hi all,

Ok, it seems that there are two separate cases which can cause this issue:

1) postpaid SIM with incorrect access point settings
For this the above mentioned instructions, in post 8, should help.

2) prepaid SIM where data plan does not include usage of communities, email. etc. services
Users with prepaid SIM need to check with their operator/service provider if current data plan allows them to use these services. If does, then it's same case as in 1 (see post 8 for help) but if doesn't then users may need to A) subscribe to another data plan that allows usage of these services or B) change to postpaid SIM.

Here's one example of scenario A) http://smart.com.ph/buddy/services/nokiamessagingprepaid.htm - Smart (Philippines) prepaid customers need to subscribe to mentioned data plan to get these services working.

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MaggziE

@threeOs thank you u are a F@#$@*ng legend, i had the above problems, i knew it was the acces point that was causing this problem but i dident know how to change it or create a new one, silly me thanks anyways community, chat, ovi and all other apps work fine now.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
weedz

@threeos what if i'm using globe sim? how can i fix the problem?

Please use plain text.
sabri_

If I follow these instructions I pay a lot of money when I try to access to Community, even though I have free connection to internet with my operator!

Please use plain text.
ThreeOs

@weedz - Here you can find internet settings for Globe (Internet over GPRS settings). Still need to check with them if these services are included to your data plan or not.

@sabri_ - May still be that usage of these services is not included to free web surfing "package" with your operator but needs additional data plan. Please check this with your operator.

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
iamyui

For Globe users, this is what I did and it worked for my Nokia X1-01

Menu -> Settings -> Configurations

my settings are as follows:

- Default config. Settings = Globe Prepaid

- Preferred access point = myGlobe Internet (not myGlobe CONNECT)

I hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.