Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Fm on 2700 classic?

Counsellor
dawitbogale
Accepted Solution

Fm on 2700 classic?

my Nokia 2700 classic has an FM radio reciever. But most of the time it doesn't work exept searching and finding the stations. Sometimes it gives me a very clear transmition at a very few specific locations. But i can't be at those locations every time, that i barely use the feature. I miss the time when i can enjoy local Radio programs while laying on my bed. Are all Nokia phones has such a dull recieving ability or just 2700?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Please do note that the headset/headphone wire works as an antenna. Sometimes a coiled up wire may cause these issues.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dawitbogale

ofcourse i know that. 2700's Fm doesn't even work with out a head phone. I tried diffrent headphones including the most expencive high quality head phones. Made sure they were not coiled too. But the result is always the same. I can say more than 95% of the times i tuned my device's Fm tuner, i get nothing except a smoth noise!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Did you try resetting the phone. If it doesn't work, do contact the nearest Nokia Care Centre in your area.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dawitbogale

@ng85, what do u mean by resset? Restart the phone? Or re-tune the Fm channals saved in my phone?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

By reset I mean restore factory settings. Its the last one in the settings menu. First try settings only. It will not delete your data. If it doesn't work then Select reset all. It will wipe the phone clean of any personal data & restore the phone to out of the box state. Do take a back of all your data using Nokia Suite before restoring all. Do not take a back up of settings.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dawitbogale

Please don't laugh at me, but i am afraid doing so might delete the net work configuration setting of my device. I don't know how to re configure it. Also there are no much technitians around here. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

You can easily get the configuration settings from the network provider.

You can also find them in the link given below.

http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=111656
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dawitbogale

i tried the link. Unfortunatlely there is nothing there about the service provider in my Area. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Well you can confirm with the operator about the settings.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dawitbogale

i did found it, thanks to u. But another problem comes when i try to restore the factory setting. It asks me to enter the securiy code, of which i have no idea at all.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

The default code is 12345
Please use plain text.