Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Global Roaming

Global Roaming

I have a Nokia 2310. I am going to the USA and was told I can't use this phone or any mobile from Australia. Does anyone know if this is true, and if so what is the best phone to buy for global roaming?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Global Roaming

You need a quad band phone for true global roaming.

Nokia make quite a few quad band phones, the first one that springs to mind is the E65.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Indeed (or a tri-band phone).

The 2310 supports only the GSM frequency bands of 900 and 1800MHz (megaherz). For GSM phones to work in North America, they need to support 850MHz and/or 1900MHz.
Please use plain text.

Thanks for the reply. What about the nokia 7360. Can that be used in the USA?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Yes, it's specs say it's a tri-band phone.

You should be able to find this old phone at quite a low price now.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Hefnawy

There r devices like E52 and N97 that operate at Quad-band GSM (850/900/1800/1900).

However, when u search for devices using "Advanced features" and select "Global roaming support", these devices r excluded.

Can someone explain that?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Both the phones you listed are quad-band gsm. I am not sure but I think they are excluded from that list because even though they are quad-band gsm, the E52 is only dual-band 3g and the N97 it only tri-band 3g. This just means that the phone will work globally on the gsm network but not always on the 3g networks. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
n2370

Meaning to say n2370 also doesn't support roaming in uS? 

Please use plain text.