Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

HOW TO INSTALL ROOT (Authority) CERTIFICATES ON S4...

HOW TO INSTALL ROOT (Authority) CERTIFICATES ON S40 MOBILES

[ Edited ]

Recently i bought a 6500 Classic and stupidly deleted my Authority Certificates.

After trwaling the net for info on how to re-install certificates i couldnt find an answer apart from NO YOU CANT DO THIS.

Well to that i say NUTS!!! because you can and i will show you how by simply following these steps.

1. Create a New Folder on your desktop and call it whatever you like.

2. Open notepad on your computer.

3. Copy the text below into the Notpad file. (I got this from some website as they were using it for smething else but it does work so thanks to them or thanks to you if this is yours)

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN" "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<title>Install root CA</title>

</head>

<body>

<p>

<a href="der1.cer">Download a CA Cert1</a>

<a href="der2.cer">Download a CA Cert2</a>

<a href="der3.cer">Download a CA Cert3</a>

<a href="der4.cer">Download a CA Cert4</a>

<a href="der5.cer">Download a CA Cert5</a>

<a href="der6.cer">Download a CA Cert6</a>

<a href="der7.cer">Download a CA Cert7</a>

<a href="der8.cer">Download a CA Cert8</a>

<a href="der9.cer">Download a CA Cert9</a>

<a href="der10.cer">Download a CA Cert10</a>

<a href="der11.cer">Download a CA Cert11</a>

</p>

</body>

</html>

4. Save the Notpad file as type ALL FILES but when naming it just call it cert.html and save it to the folder you created on your desktop earlier.

5. Now downlaod the Root Certificates you need to the same folder on your Desktop.

6. When saving the first Certificate to the folder call it der1 ((make sure not to take out the file extension eg .cer)) then the second der2, third der3 and so on and so on till you get to der11. (Dont worry this will not rename the certificate when it installs on your phone.)

Example of what the files in your Desktop folder should be called der1.cer, der2.cer etc etc.

7. Now transfer the whole folder from your Desktop to your Mobile phone. (I did this by using Nokia PC Suite.)

8. When the folder with the certificates and hmtl we made have been transfered to you phone navigate using your phone to that folder.

9. Go into the folder and open the cert.html file. (Your browser will now open a page with 11 download links available)

10. Now all you have to do is click on each link and accept each certificate remembering to save and they will install on your phone. (On my 6500 Classic i can check this by Navigating through my phone to Menu>Settings>Security>Authority Certificates)

Notes:- Some errors you may receive when trying to download the certificates through your phone browser may be Already Exists, Expired Certificate and the most annoying is Corrupted Certificate.

Already Exists - Shouldt allow you to save (DO NOT SAVE IF IT ALLOWS YOU)

Expired Certificate - (DO NOT SAVE)

Corrupted Certificate - Install the certificate on your computer first, then go to Tools>Internet Options>Content>Certificates.

(save the certificate to other people tab) Browse for the certificate you installed then export it in DER format to the Desktop Folder you created then start process over again to get it onto your phone.

Remember to delete any certificates as you go that you have already installed so you dont get mixed up.

Any issues reply and i will do what i can to help and if anyone has Hutchinson 3G Root Certificates please let me know.

Thanks.

Message Edited by andyhardie on 15-Jul-2009 04:05 PM
Please use plain text.
Sage
wezzyd

Re: HOW TO INSTALL ROOT (Authority) CERTIFICATES ON S40 MOBILES

Ive got as far as getting the folder on my phone but it just says 'page not found' when i try to download them.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anuragsn7

Help Please!

I have nokia 6300 s40v3 and when I tried to open cert.html it showed format unknown.

What should I do. Can you tell me the format of bookmark so that can rename it to cer.(format)

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
tunde1990

From where can i download the whole package, that is, all the certificates?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
unknown24

Anyone!!! Do you have nokia 2690...? Please i need help about "select use" in my phone....
Thx
Please use plain text.
Authority

From where i can download the root certificates?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kuldeepr

respected sir,
I have nokia 6300 s40v3 and when I tried to open cert.html it showed format unknown.

What should I do. Can you tell me the format of bookmark so that can rename it to cer.(format)

plzz sir help me its very urgent

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kuldeepr

cert.html file not open on nokia 6300

sir please give some guidense its very urgent

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kuldeepr

[ Edited ]

sir please give some guidense its very urgent

reply at *******

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

Personal details removed by a moderator. We kindly ask you not to share your personal e-mail address or any other personal information publicly on this forum. This is for your personal safety and privacy.

Message edited by Aikin19

Please use plain text.
Sage
thusithkb

I can tell you all a place where Authority certificates are available. Go to www.m.opera.com and it will detect your phone model. After that there is a link 'Other Download Options' click it. Then a new page will appear. At the end of that page there will be a link to download certificates that suit to your phone. Try this.
Please use plain text.
Amosy

Kudos man! Have being lukin 4 dis 4 a longtime nw... It works fine buh i need website where i can download free root cer lyk verisign or thawte... One again more grace to ur elbow
Please use plain text.
Sage
thusithkb

As I think, there are the certificates that you need. Check it again.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nit4sz

hey, i did all the instructions and saved the file it did that, but it didnt apear in my authentication certificates page. I have a nokia C300. help!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
D3vil46

I downloaded my all certifates. But i have a problem with "select use" application signing isn't allowed for "versign,thawte"and other certificates. But it need to be allowed for downloading signing app. What i do now?
Please use plain text.
Sage
thusithkb

Have you ever faced a problem because of it? What are the apps that you can't download?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
D3vil46

All signing app like opera signing version,bluetooth demux,facebook chat by m sonar, bolt browser&all trusty apps.
Please use plain text.
Sage
thusithkb

What is the model of your phone? If you can't download signing versions you can get unsigned versions. Sometimes your authority certificates might have been expired. Check it also.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
D3vil46

My phone model 7210 supernova.yes''u r right my authority certificates was deleted when i was update my phone firmware. Where i get those now?
Please use plain text.
Sage
thusithkb

Have you created a buckup before you update your firmware? If you have Restore it. It may fix your problem.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
D3vil46

I have a backup file but that was so old & i try it.but still remaining this problem.After update my phone firmware unfortunatly i was give a new opertaing system(formating C drive)on my pc so backup file was deleted from "my doucuments". Any link have to download this certificates?
Please use plain text.