Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Hard Reset Nokia 6280

Mobile Visionary
shuntfield

Hard Reset Nokia 6280

Anyone know how this is done - to revert the phone back to its factory condition?

I know my phone has customised Orange Software - just that its settings have been messed with so much since I had it I want to start afresh

Thanks

Shunts...
I will mostly be communicating with a Nokia E72 Zodium Black
Nokia E72-1 with Vr 051.018.207.04 Software
If this post helped... Add some kudos!! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Re: Hard Reset Nokia 6280

hi! ok you need to go to the menu and then settings then press reset factory settings. hope this helps
Nokia N95
V 20.0.015
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I'm afraid you can't get rid of most of the Orange customization, sorry. You might be able to change e.g. some of the button functions, though, but resetting to factory settings won't do the trick, as the phone came from the factory customized for Orange.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
shuntfield

I dont want to get rid of the Orange Customisations.

And I have already done a factory SETTINGS reset that only resets the settings, I want to fully erase the phone and start off like it was when it came from the factory, including the Orange customisations.

Thanks
I will mostly be communicating with a Nokia E72 Zodium Black
Nokia E72-1 with Vr 051.018.207.04 Software
If this post helped... Add some kudos!! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Professor

Full factory reset can only be done by a service centre, there are no user codes like for S60 devices as far as I am aware.
First use the search to see if your question has already been answered...
Secondly I will not knowingly assist in breaking the forum rules.
My information is always changing, what I post at the time is usually true.
Please use plain text.