Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Help Me Please Please (Nokia Asha 302) i am new

Love_Rider

Help Me Please Please (Nokia Asha 302) i am new

forgot my memory card password for my nokia Asha 302..password is required to use the card in another phone so i want to remove or reset the password without formatting the card...pls help me out wit any solution dat realy works........i want to open my card please :smileysad:

i am new membr :smileyvery-happy: and this is my first post :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Help Me Please Please (Nokia Asha 302) i am new

Though there are ways to find out the MC password if its on S60 devices, I am not sure whether there is anyway it can be done in case of S40 phones...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

There's purely no way to reset the memory card password in s40 phones. Only thing you can do is to visit a local repair person and he can unlock the card using a Card-Reader lookalike Hard Resetter.

He will charge you aroung 40-50 Rupees.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Freemann

[ Edited ]

I have been through this - I just gave my card to a person with Nokia N95 and he formatted it and the **bleep** password was gone.

Maybe you can also format it with other N-series Nokia models, I'm not sure...

MAKE FREE Skype CALLS WITH C3-01 TOUCH AND TYPE, X3-02 ,ASHA 302, 303, 311 AND MANY OTHER MODELS :
http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Cseries/C3-01-VoIP-apps/m-p/1409497#M35157
DEMO VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGh1lZaoPBM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Freemann wrote:

I have been through this - I just gave my card to a person with Nokia N95 and he formatted it and the **bleep** password was gone.

Maybe you can also format it with other N-series Nokia models, I'm not sure...

The OP has mentioned that he doesn't want to Format the MC ...though that seems to be the ONLY solution if the MC is to be used in other phone ..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Freemann

[ Edited ]

Sorry, didn't noticed... however I'm afraid that there is no other way - either new microSD or just formatting that one.

@ Love_Rider: If you can use the card with your phone, why don't you just copy all the data to another place, format it and then restore the data to it ? You still won't lose any of you stuff.

MAKE FREE Skype CALLS WITH C3-01 TOUCH AND TYPE, X3-02 ,ASHA 302, 303, 311 AND MANY OTHER MODELS :
http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Cseries/C3-01-VoIP-apps/m-p/1409497#M35157
DEMO VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGh1lZaoPBM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

In detail.

@Love_Rider
First insert the memory card into the phone using which you have set the password, now connect the phone in Nokia suite mode, use your computer to copy or move data to the PC.
Now you can format the memory card using any s60 phone. You can add the data back to your memory card.

This method works only before any software update/reinstall/restoring your phone.

Thanks.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.