Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How can i update my nokia 5130 software from mobil...

Contributor
Bilal_2161

How can i update my nokia 5130 software from mobile

[ Edited ]

Dear Sir,
How can i update my nokia 5130 software from mobile.plz tell me there are many fault in my device.
Yours truthfully
Bilal

Moderator's notes: Post moved into it's own thread, subject line changed.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: How can i update my nokia 5130 software from mobile

[ Edited ]

You will get all the details about updating your Phone software thru' the Phone or Nokia Suite over here ...

BTW, if you provide details of the problems you are facing, users may try to help you too...

Please use plain text.
Sage
khanjan_701

*#0000# u can check and downld updates
Symbian-Developers Forum Member
Please use plain text.
Sage
khanjan_701

or u will find in settings> phone> phone updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bilal_2161

When i go to setting>phone>phoneupdates it display no update availabe but new software are available
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If it is showing you No updates are available then how do you know ? If you are going by the latest version available for Nokia 5130 on the Nokia Site, then it means Nokia has released an update NOT necessarily for your device. Availability of update depends on Product Code / Region. Also, for Network locked devices, update is possible only after an approval from the operator.. So you need to wait till an update is released for YOUR phone.

Other thing is, not all updates are released thru' both the channels i.e. FOTA and thru' Nokia Suite. So, if you have checked it thru' Phone also confirm using the Nokia Suite.

Please use plain text.
Sage
khanjan_701

if it says no updates available and u are sure of the availability, then first back up ur data nd then do a 'restore factory' and look for again. If it still shows no updates available, then u have to wait for the update for ur nokia.
Please use plain text.
AlinaShah

My nokia 5130 c-2 xpress music is not working properly. My phone's memory automatically shrunk to just 4 GB, it was 24 GB i guess when i bought it 2 years ago, three times i have restored factory settings but of no use, i check for updates but there are no updates avalable. Tell me what to do. My music Player does not work due to memory problem. My phone is really slow as well. Please help me.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Re: How can I update my nokia 5130 software from mobile

1. Clear the cache of the phone's browser.

2. If you have a large number of messages on the phone take a back up using Nokia suite & delete them (bring the total number below 500).

3. Move the gallery items & application & games to the memory card.

4. If you wish to reinstall the firmware you can do so by using nokia suite but it will delete all the data of the phone so do take a backup,.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
AlinaShah

Re: How can I update my nokia 5130 software from mobile

sorry memory  is 4MB now and was 24MB when i bought the phone. I have deleted caches, cookies everything. Even i dont keep messages saved in my phone,they are less than 100. My problem is not solved :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Reinstall the software using Nokia Suite. But before it do take a back up of all your private data.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
AlinaShah

i dont know the procedure. What is to be done after connecting my phone to the PC suite?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

After opening Nokia Suite open the contacts in it. Sync them with the pc. Do same for messages & your other private data. Also note that if you have a password on the memory card & you do not remember it then take a back up of card data also. That is because the card gets locked after update. Now after taking back up of all ur data remove the memory card from the phone. Also disable any security keyguard options & pin code request. Now click on the green arrow shown in the menu of the Nokia Suite. Now it will open a menu where you will be able to upgrade Nokia Suite & your phone if updates available or reinstall the phone firmware. Before proceeding with update ensure that you have a good internet connectivity with power backup & full charged phone. Do not use the phone as modem. Now click on reinstall & follow the instructions coming it it. It will prompt to take a back up again. Do so.
It will sometimes prompt that your phone is disconnected. Remove the cable & reconnect. Ignore this message. Do not remove the cable during update.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vishalstanpure

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
penache98

Dear sir how can I update my nokia 5130 XpressMusic software? Yours faithfully
Bradley
Please use plain text.
aleisha11

Before updating, use Nokia Suite to back up your phone, and you can be sure that your contacts, messages, calendar entries, tasks, web feeds, and other important stuff is backed up safely. The contents of your phone memory and memory card, such as photos and videos, are safe and won’t be affected during the update.

Here are the steps to update the software of your Nokia 5130 XM:

1. To update your phone, you need Nokia Suite software on your computer. 
  2. Connect your phone to your computer with a compatible USB cable.
  3. Start Nokia Suite, and select Tools > Software updates. Then select the updates you want to download, and select Install.

Hope this helps.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.