Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

How do I factory reset a 6230i?

Advisor

How do I factory reset a 6230i?

[ Edited ]
Before you write to me that I use `*#7370#`, that does not work on this phone. So, how can I factory reset the phone? It's not a settings reset I'm after.

ati2
V 03.88
28-Jul-06
RM-72
GSM P1.1
(c) NMP.

ati3
Nokia 6230i

ati4
2004_wk47

Message Edited by myron on 05-Jan-2007
06:45 PM

Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: How do I factory reset a 6230i?

Not possible to do by yourself, you'd have to take it to a service centre/point.
First use the search to see if your question has already been answered...
Secondly I will not knowingly assist in breaking the forum rules.
My information is always changing, what I post at the time is usually true.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hmm.. I wonder why the change in policy regarding not allowing thr user to fully re-format the phone to ROM defaults.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

lol
Nokia N95
V 20.0.015
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Eh?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

Before an argument starts here, I'm sure what '6280' meant to say is that it has never been possible to format series 40 phones like the 6230i. Only Symbian phones eg the N-series can be formatted.

Thanks
Nokia Discussions

Useful Links:
Nokia Customer Support
Nokia Service Points
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Oh, I'm not arguing. Never planned an argument. When I called Nokia Technical support the tech guy (not CLubNokia staff) was rather puzzled so he went to try the master reset code on a phone. It's interesting that Nokia Technical were thrown by this one. I'm curious why there is no master reset implement on the 6230i. It would be one way os solving quite a lot of problems, especially when the phone is out of warranty and there is a software fault discovered where the owner then has to pay to get a fault with the software fixed. If it was simply to have newer firmware for the sake of it then I would not mind paying. If it's to fix an actual fault than I would be a little irked if I was forced to pay for a upgrade for the latter reason after the waranty expires.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Thank you damocles for explaining what i really meant, and sorry myron for that post. :smileyhappy:
Nokia N95
V 20.0.015
Please use plain text.