Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How do I read messages on Nokia 1100?

Advisor

How do I read messages on Nokia 1100?

I've just bought my first mobile phone and am trying to learn how to use it.
When I switch it on there is a picture of an envelope in the top left corner, which the manual says is an incoming message. However, when I press the blue dash to read it (as stated in the manual) all I get is a screen saying Messages and Select. Pressing the dash again appears to set me up to WRITE a message - and no amount of button pushing seems to display the incoming message!!!
This seems such a basic function I'm surprised there was no help in the manual or, that I could find, on this web-site!
Help gratefully received.
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Re: How do I read messages on Nokia 1100?

Try the online tutorial (and the User's Guide) on the web: http://www.nokia.com/phones/1100 (choose "Support" from the left and proceed from there to find the tutorials and guides).

See, e.g., the section "Reading a Text Message" in the tutorial.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks for pointing me to the pages on my phone which is not listed on the home page.
Unfortunately the advice on this page is as useless as that in the manual. It says
"1. Press Read to view the messages immediately."
But there is no button or instruction that I can find marked "Read", nor is it listed in the List of Menu Functions!
I've tried various combinations of buttons to to no avail.
Any suggestions please?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I've solved the problem by calling the shop where I bought it. It's much more complicated than the manual states, as follows: From Stand–by, Press Blue Line, Press Down arrow several times until Messages, Press Blue Line, Press Down arrow until Inbox, Press Blue line, Press up or down arrow to select if several messages are listed, Press Blue line to read using up or down arrrows to scroll if necessary. To delete, Press Blue line, then delete Press C repeatedly to return to stand-by. Hope this helps someone else. I wish someone would make a SIMPLE to use mobile phone!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

14-Jun-2006
10:45 PM
iain wrote:
Thanks for pointing me to the pages on my phone which is not listed on the home page.
Unfortunately the advice on this page is as useless as that in the manual. It says
"1. Press Read to view the messages immediately."
But there is no button or instruction that I can find marked "Read", nor is it listed in the List of Menu Functions!
I've tried various combinations of buttons to to no avail.
Any suggestions please?

you had problems because this is only available when you receive a message. as soon as one comes in it gives you the ability to press the read option.

if you just wish to browse your messages after that, you need to go through the menu structure as you have described.

do you have suggestions to make on how this could be made easier?
Please use plain text.