Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

How do I subscribe to packet data first on my Noki...

Registered Member

How do I subscribe to packet data first on my Nokia 7373?

I am trying to get onto the wap using a Nokia 7373 i have has my settings set via Nokia but its saying ' subscribe to packet data first' what is this and how do i do it?

Many Thanks
Registered Member
Anvartam

Re: How do I subscribe to packet data first on my Nokia 7373?

My 5130c-2 asking subscribe to packetdata first
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

@Anvartam:

You need to call your Operator, and ask them to Activate Internet Services.

Also please be reminded that it could be very expensive browsing internet and Downloading on your phone, with out Data Plan.
Ask your Operator for more information about Data Plans.
Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Current Phones: Nokia N9, iPhone 4
Sage

Another possibility may be you don't have the Internet settings from your operator, though that might be for the same reason. The operator should be able to send them when you subscribe or if already subscribed will be able to send them.

As for data plans, in some cases operators offer a capped plan. For example Orange UK offer a daily capped option which is free but stops you spending more than a couple of pounds per day. If you don't ask for it though them you will just continually consume data at a high cost.

E72-1 UK CV 052.005
Advisor
basab111

Once you are downloading and installing the GPRS from your Service Provider you are subscribing the Packed Data. The full form of abbreviated GPRS = General Packed Data Radio Service. Your problem is a problem with "Configuration" in the Handset. All you need to select NO from PERSONAL CONFIGURATION SETTING by following the path : Main Menu>Settings>Configuaration>Personal Configuration Settings.

Input Data : Personal Account  : JAVA    click the java

Home Page : www.google.co.in

User Name : ppp

Password : ppp123

Use Preferred access point : YES

NOW GO BACK TO CONNECTIVITY Menu item.

Select : Packet  Data

CLICK THE ITEM    : PCKET DATA SETTING 

Put against Active  Access Point : Data Bearer  Packet Data                                                         Put against the item 'Alias for access  point'  :  Data Bearer Packed Data.                                 Put against item 'PACKET DATA ACCESS POINT' :  gprseast.cellone.in

Registered Member
pradyumnagudi

Re: How do I subscribe to packet data first on my Nokia 5130c-2?

Which operator

Professor
pudu

settings given by basb111 is an indian operator;bsnl, but will not work for whole india. They have different access point for different circle/region and the rest of the world is out of question
Registered Member
Vinay9478vinay

Whare is option of homepage
Mobile Overlord
farby

Vinay9478vinay wrote:
Whare is option of homepage

Is you question related to the Subject Line ? If not first search the forum for any threads similar to your problem / query.. If you do not find then start a new thread..

If you do not have the Packet Data problem but want to know how to set the Homepage.. Open the browser and in Options ..select Web Page options... you should find the settings here..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Registered Member
chandanraj420

Re: How do I subscribe to packet data first on my Nokia supernova 7210?

I am trying to get onto the wap using a Nokia 7210 i have has my settings set via Nokia but its saying ' subscribe to packet data first' what is this and how do i do it?

Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: How do I subscribe to packet data first on my Nokia supernova 7210?

You first need to get a data plan activated thru' your Operator .. Then request them to send Access Points settings which are normally sent thru' an SMS. When you receive the message open and select Save..You are done..

Nghawks

To subscribe packet data, i am looking through all these q&a, when registering to bsnl customer care. After entry of my mob no, it automatically choose that my number is from andra pradesh region but im in mizoram,ne india,i got my sim legally process, so i leave it as it was, but i cannot find the solution for my subscribtion, moreover while signup in Nokia discussion i cannot got an alias with message,'an unexpected error' everytime, Help.
Nghawks

Using another sim, as soon as sim is activated, acess point software of their respective company is received, why bsnl, i dont know how to contact the operator as well, is there another way
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Nghawks, does this plus that (as APN) help?