Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How do i quit file transfer mode in Nokia 6708

How do i quit file transfer mode in Nokia 6708

I am unable to use PC Suite as i get the message-"Your phone is in file transfer mode.Quit the mode to enavle using PC Suite"..
What do i do???
Please use plain text.
Sage
paulroux

Re: How do i quit file transfer mode in Nokia 6708

Hi.

It is truely sad that no one has answered your question as it is a very easy one to answer.

When you connect the datacable to the phone, select "Default Mode" and not "Data Storage" if you plan to use the phone with Pc Suite.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

thnks for ur suggestion but i have installed all the software that is pc suit cable driver and all...and i m using right cable as well...but whn i connect my hand set i dont get any such messg...but whn i try to get connected thru pc suit it says connected in file transfer mode..
and here i would like to confirm that usb cable settings are set to pc status not to modem...and i can use browse my phone thr nokia browser..but cant get connected thru pc suit
please help me out...
thnks in advance
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

One thing worth noting: The 6708 is not compatible with Nokia PC Suite from http://www.nokia.com/pcsuite

I don't know if the 6708 came with its own PC Suite or not.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: How do I quit file transfer mode in Nokia 6708

I tried all of those steps and it does not work. If anybody can help it will be great. Also I have Nokia x3.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.