Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How to Connect Nokia 2330 Classic with laptop ...

Registered Member

How to Connect Nokia 2330 Classic with laptop or pc

Hi All

I just bought my new nokia 2330 last week, when i try to connect my 2330 classic with my laptop the phone is not detacting.Pls help me in this regard. We connet 2330 with laptop or pc with cable or not???

- Shree

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: How to Connect Nokia 2330 Classic with laptop or pc

There is no USB connectivity on the 2330 classic. If there is a USB port present it is intended solely for use by Nokia technicians during maintenance operations.

The handset can be connected to a computer via bluetooth, though.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.

Cannot connect my nokia 6300 phone to my PC

i have being experiencing breaks in connectivity between my nokia 6300 and my laptop with windows vista installed.Despite the nokia PC suite fully installed i still experience breaks in connectivity when ever i try to use my phone as a modem.

what should i do?

thanks in advance for your support!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

is bluetooth usb dongle compatible with 2330 classic and windows xp?

[ Edited ]

i've got my 2330 here.. but i got a problem about transferring items from my phone to my pc..

its usb cable doesn't exist on stores..:manmad:

instead, im planning to buy a usb bluetooth dongle..

Message Edited by zilovesramen on 28-Aug-2009 04:50 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

1. Can Nokia create a firmware update which will allow USB connectivity available for Nokia 2330 Classic?

Note: As USB port already exists and it's used by Nokia technicians.

2. Advice if any firmware update is available for Nokia 2330 Classic and where to search/download and install it. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Given that there's no user connectivity on the 2330c's USB port, that means the user can't update the phone's firmware.

If there is an update, it can only be installed at a Nokia Care Point.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dms556110

Re: is bluetooth usb dongle compatible with 2330 classic and windows xp?

I have bought a bluetooth adapter and I had no successes with communication from phone to PC. I just have made connection from PC to phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lirahlaine

Re: How to Connect Nokia 2330 Classic with laptop or PC

You would think that with all the money we customers give to nokia ,that if there is no USB connection they would at least include a USB dongle in the phone package when purchased,they should put a  (infrared/Bluetooth) dongle in all there phone packages ,where the phones have Bluetooth or infrared capability,seems fair if you want to keep your customers that is,

Tara ;-)

perception is unique to the individual.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sammyandme

[ Edited ]

With respect to nokia, im quite annoyed about this phone and am about to bin it.

I have taken a few treasured photos on it, so without further ado, can the experts please confirm there is no connectivity provided to remove media to pc so it therefore pointless using it for photos or recordings. ( which is why I bought the phone in the first place)

Or am i missing something :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

The specifications clearly state that the only form of local connectivity is bluetooth.

http://www.forum.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/2330_classic/

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Brizzwold

The web-site www.shopblue.co.uk is selling what it claims is a USB cable for this phone.  Does the previous discussion mean this cable is useless and will not allow data transfer?

I know the phone is relatively cheap but the lack of cable transfer is really annoying - I have no knowledge of bluetooth technology to transfer pictures off the phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Brizzwold

If you follow the web link given by grschinon you get to a page of specifications.  Under "connectivity" there is "local connectivity" which mentions Bluetooth and also "Nokia AV 2.5mm" - what is this?  A USB cable???

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Audio (earphones).

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sENSIS

[ Edited ]
Hi all.

First and all, be aware that there are dozens of Nokia phones, and all have different specifications. If someone buys a phone to take pictures, then the 2330C is a bad choice. The port that the device has, is not a USB port. It is a Nokia proprietary port for service only.

@shreeg and others with similar issues (altough this is late): check for Bluetooth compatibility first at http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/pc-suites/compatibility-and-download

@mojojo and others with similar issues (altough this is late): troubleshoot your laptop and mobile phone Bluetooth. Check if your BT drivers are compatible with Nokia suites. Test them with other BT devices (i.e. BT headset, other phone). Also test the pairing at a different location. BT is a radio wave based connection which can suffer from external interference caused by other radio waves emitting devices, or by electromagnetic or electrostatic fields nearby (these are caused by almost anything that runs on electric power)

@everyone: my advise is for you to check the following web page for info on device specs http://www.forum.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/matrix_all_1.html to know which type of local connections are available on the devices. It's on the "Local connectivity" section.
Please use plain text.
Kendercris

Send the photos or recordings to another phone which can share files with a pc tru bluetooth then transfer to pc
Please use plain text.
nokkkkkia

Hello, thanks for the info!
I'm encountering the same problem...
What I have to copy from the phone are the MESSAGES.
Have lost hours and hours and hours to find a solution, downloading programs etc, but nothing seems to help!!! :-/

Connecting with bluetooth to another phone enables to copy the contacts, but not the messages... the pc suite doesn't work, only with cable. So I purchased the cable (ca-50) but when I connect the computer and phone, nothing happens.. I'm helpless and need it really urgently!!!

Is there really NO software available/other way to copy the messages from the phone onto another phone/pc??

Any help will be extremely appreciated!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Johnny_Mauser

[ Edited ]

have you checked out this "PhoneDirector"? I have no experience with it and no 2330, but would be interested in the result. You can download the free trial.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AlainN

Hi,

I'm quite surprised to discover that the 2330 classic has no USB connectivity !

I've bought a cable that was said to be compatible :

http://www.portable-accessoire.com/cable-usb-data-produit-nokia-2330-classic.html

my translation of the first words :

"This 2330 classic cable will let you transfer files (pictures, photos, rings) from the phone to the PC, and from the PC to the phone. [...]

this site also pretends it will transfer data in both directions :

http://www.linker-r4i.com/produit-cable-usb-nokia-2330-classic.html

Indeed I can't connect, though having successfully installed PC suite 7.1  :-(

Are these people (and another one I found) selling **bleep** ?

Or has some update been made available since the last message in this thread ?

What means the CD shown with the cable on their page ? (I got no CD from them)

Of course I'm going to contact them, but it seems quite relevant to get your answer.

It's hard to believe these sites are lying so obviously...

Thanks for your attention

Alain

Please use plain text.