Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to block SMS?

Registered Member

How to block SMS?

I have had a bit of trouble, and used my phone and now im getting texts from people i dont know, but im not the only person who uses my phone and some of the texts would land me in trouble
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: How to block SMS?

Hi melissawhite69

Unfortunately you haven't posted which device you are using as there are available applications for the higher end S60 devices.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hey i also have the same problem.. bt not only sms but calls as well. how can i block them from texring and calling. unit of my phone is N5070
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

With the Nokia 5070, it being an S40 based phone with limited capabilities, there is no way to block calls or SMS.

If you had an S60 based phone, there are applications that can make incoming calls from certain numbers not ring at all, or deletes messages from specific numbers as they come in.

With an S40 phone like yours, such applications cannot be written.

So, change your number (get a new SIM card), call back or text the other people and ask them to stop calling or sending you messages.

Or ask your network operator, if they have some sort of a blacklisting service, where the network blocks calls/messages.

You can also tell the other people who use your phone, that unknown people (assuming they really are unknown) make calls and send messages to you, and you can't stop it.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
n_deepesh

Hi Petrib,

First of all I would like inform that I not a person seeking help regarding the subject, still I just went through your above post which I feel is very nicely explained and so useful, you explained it in such a way that even though the persons phone is not capable for a solution to his problem and you did'nt told him "NO". You have given him so many options which he will be knowing but your msg have made him to think once again.

I really appreciate you for such a wonderful post.

Keep it up, Good Job.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

what about Nokia5530? I'm so annoyed with this person. he keeps calling me and texting me, I don't even know him! he wouldn't stop even after I asked him to :smileysad: help, please thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

Search for Best Blacklist Lite in Ovi store. Download and install this app to your mobile. Seems good enough for your needs. If this is not sufficient, then contact your service provider and ask them to blacklist the caller
Cheers,
DeepestBlue

5800 XpressMusic (Rock Stable) | N73 Music Edition (Never Say Die) | 1108 (Old and faithful)

If you find any post useful, click on the Green "Kudos" Button on the left to say Thank You...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aj25aj2

What about Nokia 5220 Express Music...Can Incoming SMS  be blocked on this phone....Plz reply....??????

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tona

what about 6303c can I block calls and SMSs from certain numbers, should I downlaod some software?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Refer petrib's post above.. Your phone is also as S40 device...so not possible.

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Michie62

i have an s60 based phone.

So please can you tell me which applications should I use to stop the bulk SMS.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Michie62 wrote:

i have an s60 based phone.

So please can you tell me which applications should I use to stop the bulk SMS.

There are a lot of sms blockers available at the OVI Store...Just search for 'SMS Blocker' or 'SMS Filter'...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
headturnerangel

Hi, my unit is C3-00, any suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Sorry..Its an S40 device..so Message 4 above holds good for you too.

Please use plain text.