Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How to insert contacts in SMS?

Contributor
micamac

How to insert contacts in SMS?

Sorry for the silly question ( I have never had problems with my previous NOkia mobiles)

having now  NOkia Asha 302

While writing a text message I am unable to find the option to INSERT a CONTACT from my list.

The only way I 've found is to send the contact as Business card / as ATTACHMENT, not in the text!

Resulting in the SMS being sent as MMS instead!

How to avoid all this?

Any help is appreciated.

Micamac

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Hi micamac,

Welcome to the Nokia forum.

The option to insert a contact is not included in the Asha 302. You are able to add the contact as a business card or attachment, though this will indeed send the text message as an MMS. 

I checked whether it's possible to copy the number from your contact list and paste it into your text message, but there's no option to paste anything into a text message. So to answer your question, it's not possible to avoid the text turning into an MMS when you add a contact to the message.

The only option is to look up the contact, write down the number and manully add it to your text. It takes a bit more time, but at least you can send the text without getting charged for an MMS you didn't intend to send.

Hope this helps.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
micamac

yes..what to say?

It's quite funny that Nokia withdrew this option from the menù, it doesn't sound fair, sorry.

My provider ( Wind )  charges me 4 times the cost of 1 SMS.

What to say' ?

No comment.

Ah ......and many thanks  for your enquire 

Micamac

Please use plain text.
Sage
classic_sis

@Iris9290

So, the lack of Nokia Asha 302 like that. Symbian is still better, it can copy mobile number from Contact list to text message.
Niki
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
partner6

I have been a loyal buyer of Nokia phones. I feel so let down that my phone asha 302 can not even send a contact as txt msg. Thats a shame ! Today in this speed world all other mfg are (even chinese) !!! they come with the feature of V card attachment or Business card attachment as txt. 

All I got to say to all nokia employees that Nokia has lost its market and business in the world cos because you are so so outdated. !!!!!!  SHAME to NOKIA

Please use plain text.