Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to reset it(free up memory)? [for 3110c]

Contributor

How to reset it(free up memory)? [for 3110c]

I have such problem - 9mb is fully used by sms messages. I inserted 1gb micro sd card. but there is only 75kb of free space... How to delete every thing?? when I try to delete e.g. gallery or other files- phone "freezes"... how to reset it? [3110c nokia].

when I connect to PC - it does not connect via usb.

also when switching it ON - white screen opens.. long pause.. and then it goes normaly.also - it restarts sometimes.

Thank you.
Please use plain text.

Re: How to reset it(free up memory)? [for 3110c]

[ Edited ]
i have nokia 3110c and my phone restarts when i update music library or browsing the web and i remove the micro sd and the phone is working very good no restart.
Try to format the memory card

Message Edited by klaudiu21 on 29-Dec-2007 11:10 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I inserted newly formated sd card... but with/or without a card- phone works in a same bad way.
the main question is - how to delete all memory (9mb)? (factory defaults dont work, via usb it crashes...) smtng really bad...
Please use plain text.

you cannot delete all memory 9mb just wallpapers and others
use memory card for more memory.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
main problem - "message storage memory not ready" - while trying to send sms.
also - while trying to take a photo - "memory is full" then it writes - "72.5kB memory available. free some memory?". I say yes - when "delete from" appears... messaging section is 3,8mb size. when i try to access/delete it - phone freezes.... so???

when i try to delete "contats" in my phone - it tries to do it.. but after long long loading ir restarts...

how did i got this error? I connected nokia to PC via USB cable, then chosed "data storage device" mode. After I disconnected, I can't access any Message related functions anymore. It always displays an error "Message storage memory not ready". I tried restarting, restoring factory defaults, taking out the battery/SIM but nothing helped.

update firmware? i tried. but in 3rd step - while writing data to phone via usb - it "disconects".

yes, i can get it to service center - warranty is available [i used it only for ONE day]... but i want to solve this problem for my own

also - The format code is *#7370#. but it dont work on 3110c. any ideas?

...i think the phone memory is corrupted....

Message Edited by gedas on 30-Dec-2007 09:35 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

yes i have the same problem with my n73 music edition... the phone memory gets full... n no messages cud be sent.. the phone gets damn slow.... n this is due to some virus... that causes the phone mem to get full... although nothing in there!!!

the reset code is *#7370#... but it asks for the phone lock code... which i have forgotten after changing it... can any plz plz help me out... how to reveal tht password or break it??? so i can use my phone as normal..!

help pls???
Please use plain text.
Contributor

you could "update the firmware"... did you tried?

when i try to connect via usb i get this - "The connection between the pc and the phone failed, error code 0x80044403. Switch off your phone, switch it on, and try again"
Please use plain text.
Professor

[ Edited ]
All sorts of problems occur when phone memory is filled-up to the limits.

Have you tried deleting the stored messages from the menu directly? Go to Menu->Messaging->Delete Messages->All Messages. It will really take a long time since you say you had 3.8MB messages in there. This is also the reason why the phone "pauses" for a while on a white screen when you turn it on. It is loading the stuff on the phone memory.

Also, try setting the camera to use the memory card for storage. You can tansfer some of the gallery contents to memory card as well. =)

Message Edited by josekym on 06-Jan-2008 09:44 AM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I brought it to guarantee service on friday, as it has been working only for one day after buying it in a supermarket. They updated internal program and called me yesterday, to take it back. So I believe, it works now.
josekym , thank you for answer, but when I was trying to delete/or open a gallery or cam, it freezed, moreover, it restarted after approx. one minute while opening. where was no free memory at all to start deleting proccess.
how did I managed to "hack" it? I started to send ~5000 sms via usb cable and nokia pc suite. phone saved these sms into "outbox"... and crashed after approx. one day after buying it in a supermarket:smileyhappy: memory was full. and it did not connected via usb any more. so I have had no way to delete these sms. factory reset did not worked.
So, if you want to crash a new(or used) nokia 3110c, send to it many thousands sms(and dont delete them, e.g. at night sleeping).
Also, I remember, after first freeze, I taked off battery in wrong way (without turning-off a phone).

thanks for replies, greetings from Lithuania. Have a nice day.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi, I have the same problem it restarts itself again and again, and yes, if you format the memory card it wont restart itelf but if you update your library again there comes the problem again.

Solution :

1. Transfer all your files from memory card to PC

2. Every time when the phone restarts itself format the memory card

3. Now transfer your backup files from your PC

4. If you want to play music by player download any .jar player what you can find on :  http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/739385/?view=download  or   http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/260849/?view=download

KD Player or LirycShow Player.

I hope I helped 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

The usual phone lock code is : 12345
Please use plain text.
Contributor

The master reset code for Nokia 3110c is : *#7780#
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

*#7780# is not a master reset. It simply clears settings and restores the factory default settings. No data is erased.

The restore factory defaults code is the same on all Nokia handsets, both S60 and S40.

The 3110 classic being an S40v3 phone, only a Nokia Care Point can perform a reset on it.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

For those who their phone restarts himself just update your firmware.

It worked for me. 

Please use plain text.
Madshi

How i recover my Deleted Number from Phone Memory

[ Edited ]

Dear all,,

I am mathan raj from india. I had receive myu friend call, this time my Nokia 3110c  model phone had restart automatically. this time phone memory numbers are deleted. how i can recover deleted phone number in nokia 3110c model .

Thanks all

A.R.Mathan Raj

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Personal details removed by a moderator. We kindly ask you not to share your personal contact details publicly on this forum.

Please use plain text.