Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to sync Asha 311 to gmail contacts?

Advisor
wolfv

I tried to sync Ash 311 with my gmail contacts two different ways with identical results.
The software looks like it is busy syncing contacts, but when I check a contact I recently edited in gmail contacts, Asha 311 still displays the old phone number.

This is the first way I performed the update:

Main menu > Settings > sync and backup > sync with server > sync settings
  > synchronized data > contacts
  > sync settings: Google sync
  > automatic sync: off
  > rules for incoming: Confirm first
Main menu > Settings > sync and backup > sync with server > sync now

This is the second way I performed the update:
Nokia Suite > Sync > Sync Now > Contacts ... Your contacts are now in sync

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Re: How to sync Asha 311 to gmail contacts?

Just tried and it works absolutely fine. Any contact modified/added on the phone gets updated to gmail. And any contact modified/added on gmail comes to the phone.

Don't know where you're having trouble. Does it actually sync your contacts? Tried checking the logs?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
wolfv

After the sync, a message says "syncronisation sucessfull" and the sync log says "pc syncronisation" with the time of syncronisation.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Hmm? So you synchronized it using PC via Nokia Suite?
Can you sync on the phone itself as you mentioned in the first way in your starting post and check the log then?
I've only tried it on my phone and it worked finei
Please use plain text.
Advisor
wolfv

Thank you for looking into this singhnsk.

After a sync over Wi-Fi connection, a message says "syncronisation sucessfull" and the sync log says "personal configurat." with the time of syncronisation.  But the old email and phone number are still in the contact.

Please use plain text.
ashaasha

Re: Very unhappy with the contact settings on Asha 311.

I cant even find the say caller's name setting anywhere. I miss that as i had it on my N95 and XpressMusic phone.  

Plus how to set the groups that i have? With my current job, i need that badly.

N lastly the most disapointing thing is that it is very difficult to search my contacts. Eg. when i type tailor the result will be no matches, although i  have saved contacts like ani tailor, chan tailor etc. Tried changing the first name last name setting but to no avail........

Pls help as i am very sad - just bought it last week, went back to the shop from where i got it but he was rude. Jst wantd to knw it i could trade it in for a better phne instead as he told me this was the latest and better than my XpressMusic. Miss my XpressMusic - if only it still functions.....Uhuk!uhuk! Wonder did i waste my RM379 for a stupid backdated phone......

Please use plain text.
aleisha11

Re: Very unhappy with the contact settings on Asha 311.

ashaasha wrote:

I cant even find the say caller's name setting anywhere. I miss that as i had it on my N95 and XpressMusic phone.  

Plus how to set the groups that i have? With my current job, i need that badly.

N lastly the most disapointing thing is that it is very difficult to search my contacts. Eg. when i type tailor the result will be no matches, although i  have saved contacts like ani tailor, chan tailor etc. Tried changing the first name last name setting but to no avail........

Pls help as i am very sad - just bought it last week, went back to the shop from where i got it but he was rude. Jst wantd to knw it i could trade it in for a better phne instead as he told me this was the latest and better than my XpressMusic. Miss my XpressMusic - if only it still functions.....Uhuk!uhuk! Wonder did i waste my RM379 for a stupid backdated phone......

Hi ashaasha,

The say caller's name is mostly supported by S60 devices. For your second concern, if you're referring to the group contact, your phone doesn't support it. For your third concern, you may try to restore the settings. To do this, go to Settings > Restore Factory Settings > Settings only > Enter the security code. The default code is 12345 unless changed. 

You may also update your phone to improve the performance of the phone. Please check the link below for the step-by-step procedure:

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/belle-asha-symbian-software-update/

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mamun202

I can't do 'sync log'. If I select sync now its show- No settings found. Contact your service provider. whats the problem?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

mamun202Nokia Series 40 » Menu » Settings » Configuration » Add » Synchronisation » did that help?

Please use plain text.