Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Increase number of rings before answer phone

Increase number of rings before answer phone

Hi

Nokia 6500

How do you increase the number of rings before the call automatically goes to answerphone? I keep missing my calls.

It's a REALLY simple question I know, but I have searched the net and read the manual and can't find an answer.

Does anyone know if it can be done and how?

Many thanks in advance.

Lex
Please use plain text.
Employee
adamf

Re: Increase number of rings before answer phone

Hi Lex,

The maximum amount of time the network gives you to answer the phone is 30 seconds.
If that is not long enough you will need to contact the network service provider, but the only option they will give you is to leave it at 30 seconds or to deactivate voicemail all together, which is a bit annoying.

Hope this helps.
My posts are my opinion and in no way the direct views of Nokia.
If my posts are helpful, please give me some KUDOS using the green star on the left.
Please use plain text.

adamf

Thanks for your reply.

So, is there any way to control the number of rings up to 30 seconds via your handset? I only want my phone to ring a 'bit longer', say 8 rings instead of 4. Is that possible? Or, is the only alternative 30 seconds? Do you know?

Thanks
Lex
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

It's in the "call divert" settings.

Something like:
menu > settings > call > call divert > divert if no answer

You can set the delay from 5s to 30s in increments of 5s.

Note that some networks disregard this setting and set you to 15 or 20 seconds regardless of what you specify here.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Employee
adamf

Hi Lex,

There is no work around for this, as it is set by the network, however you could try selecting a different ring tone that starts loud and gets your attention rather then a slow starting tone.

Try that.
My posts are my opinion and in no way the direct views of Nokia.
If my posts are helpful, please give me some KUDOS using the green star on the left.
Please use plain text.

hi

i had a real problem and found this answer on av forum which worked.i thought of sharing with you all as i too was being driven crazy by the number of missed calls as it would go on divert after only 5 seconds

for o2 it is  **61*901*11*20#

where 901 is the voice mail no  and 20 is the seconds delay you wish before divert kicks in.

it can be set as 5,10,15,20 or 30 .

hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sallyald

This has worked on other makes of phones but how do I get the ** on a nokia asha 210?  Pressing ** does nothing but when a number is pressed the keypad appears.

doc3748 wrote:

hi

i had a real problem and found this answer on av forum which worked.i thought of sharing with you all as i too was being driven crazy by the number of missed calls as it would go on divert after only 5 seconds

where 901 is the voice mail no  and 20 is the seconds delay you wish before divert kicks in.

hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sallyald

sallyald wrote:

This has worked on other makes of phones but how do I get the ** on a nokia asha 210?  Pressing ** does nothing but when a number is pressed the keypad appears.

doc3748 wrote:

hi

hope this helps.

Hi,

Was having difficulty asking the phone function of the phone to type **.  Not quite sure how this happened but I pressed the bottom left hand key with the arrow pointing north east, pressed the **, realeased buttons, pressed ** and the screeen showed **

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sallyald

sallyald wrote:

sallyald wrote:

doc3748 wrote:

hi

hope this helps.

Hi,

Was having difficulty asking the phone function of the phone to type **.  Not quite sure how this happened but I pressed the bottom left hand key with the arrow pointing north east, pressed the **, realeased buttons, pressed ** and the screeen showed **

Thanks.

Ooops, posted too soon.  Al this does now is saves the command as a phone number:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

sallyald wrote:

On my Nokia 210, when I am in idle screen, I press star and the keypad appears. Then, I go for the left key, the one with that handset icon. Doesn’t behave your Nokia 210 in the same way?

Anyway, you can increase the number of rings by Menu » Settings » Call » Call forwarding » SIM1 » If not answered » enter the same phone number as currently set. Then, you are able to specify the delay time up to 30 seconds. By the way, if there is a phone number which you cannot cancel, ask your network operator to disable that. Or better ask in a discussion board whether your operator allows that because some call agents do not know the name of that feature either – and pretend they cannot change it.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sallyald

I think we both have Asha 210 but they behave differently mine doesn't allow me to do either of your suggestions

Abi99 wrote:

sallyald wrote:

On my Nokia 210, when I am in idle screen, I press star and the keypad appears. Then, I go for the left key, the one with that handset icon. Doesn’t behave your Nokia 210 in the same way?

Anyway, you can increase the number of rings by Menu » Settings » Call » Call forwarding » SIM1 » If not answered » enter the same phone number as currently set. Then, you are able to specify the delay time up to 30 seconds. By the way, if there is a phone number which you cannot cancel, ask your network operator to disable that. Or better ask in a discussion board whether your operator allows that because some call agents do not know the name of that feature either – and pretend they cannot change it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

sallyald wrote:

I think we both have Asha 210 but they behave differently mine doesn't allow me to do either of your suggestions

How do you dial a number manually? USSD works the same.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sallyald

Abi99 wrote:

sallyald wrote:

How do you dial a number manually? USSD works the same.

I don't know what USSD means.

To dial a number a press the button with the number and it either takes it out of idle to continue dialling the number or goes from the screen I was on to showing the number being being dialled.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

The codes you try to enter are called USSD. They behave like phone numbers in Nokia 210.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sallyald

If I press * or any other symbol on my phone it only gives the option to save the input as a phone number ie it asks for a name for the "number"

Or if I press a number it gives the options to make a call or save a number.

Your suggestion to go to Menu then Settings does not work.

Thanks for your suggestions, now let someone else try to help.

The Nokia Asha 210 appears to have different settings/features depending in which country you are in.  I am in Australia.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

sallyald wrote:

Your suggestion to go to Menu then Settings does not work.

Where does the path end? Perhaps I mistyped.

sallyald wrote:

If I press a number it gives the options to make a call or save a number.

Press a number (which open the dialling box), delete it and press the star, hash stuff. Does it work this way?

Please use plain text.