Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Inserting the sim card into a Nokia 1661

Contributor
Accepted Solution

Inserting the sim card into a Nokia 1661

(I've never had a cell phone before. I feel like such a noob. @_@ )

On  the Nokia 1661 is the sim card supposed to slide all the way under the little metal part or just butt up against it? The pictures on T Moblie.com arnt' clear as they dont' have an up close view of the sim slot.

Thanks for the help!

Contributor

Re: Inserting the sim card into a Nokia 1661

(for some reason it's not letting me edit my own posts now. >_<)

Well, I tried putting the sim card in complety under the metal part, and the phone didn't recognize it. So I tried just having it butted up against the metal part and the phone still doesnt' recognize it's in. Is their yet another way it's supposed to go in?

Registered Member

Slip it under the metal and push it all the way up.  It looks like it should fit further down aligned with the cut out, but it doesn't. Push it up.:smileywink:
Contributor

Thanks for the help. I acutally went to a dealer and it turns out I h ad it upside down. *blush* They need beter pics on here!

I've read your post and tried several times with no luck.  Gold side down, right?  Should it line up with anything?  Should the card be flush against the side of the phone?

Thanks!

Registered Member

If this post is useful to you and you have a toddler, buy my kids books! search for Fluffy Little Kitten on amazon.

I think people may actually be making the same mistake as me, and not noticing that the silver metal bit where you're supposed to put the sim is actually a "loop" - you slot the sim through it.  I was trying all sorts of positions etc thinking the sim went on top of the metal bit rather than through it.  you know you're doing it right because the sim is help firmly in place.  The instructions are rubbish!! a picture from directly above of a correctly installed sim wiould be usefulnokia 1661 sim insertion

Registered Member

I just wanted to thank you for the pic of the card slot; I'm profoundly UNimpressed with the user guide. I, too, tried every-which-a-way before finding the right way; none of them seemed "right." Onward and upward...
Registered Member

Thank you for saving my sanity.  Nokia should take this photo and put it in their useless booklet.  And it took me half an hour and an array of tools just to get the back off the thing in the first place!
Registered Member

Thanks for that. I had a load of trouble. The slot that the card fits into has the same shape as the card, leading you to believe that the card should be pushed down under the sticky-out silver clip, but it doesn't - it stays exactly where it's shown in the photo above
Registered Member

Thank you so much for the picture! Nokia booklet is useless indeed.
Registered Member

They say a picture is worth a thousand words and never has this been more true.  Nokia should test run instruction manuals before they are sent out, it would save a lot of trouble.
Registered Member

Not only is the book not useful, but I actually called T-Mobile Tech Support, and they kept telling me to do it the wrong way! She told me over and over to push it under the silver tab with the arrow on it and she told me to do all the way until it feels like its gonna break.  When it still didnt work, she said I'd just have to go into a T-Mobile store, but luckily, I found your picture first!
VERY HELPFUL!

I think tech support could use it to teach themselves.

Thank you!

Registered Member

Thank you so much for hte picture - I was on the point of taking the thing back! The user guide is totally useless! Thanks agoin - You have made my day!
Registered Member
jedi2

Kudos to the author of this discussion entry.  I was so fed up with trying to understand what to do that I had practically pulled out all of my hair and my sanity was on the edge.  As someone noted below, the tech folks at T-mobile did not have a clue as to how to insert the sim card.  Every instruction was wrong.  It is now 2:30 in the morning and I am three hours late for bed, all of which was spent dealing with the folks at T-mobile and now I must call them back again before I can get any rest.  Again, thank you, thank you, thank you.  A thousand times, thank you.

Registered Member
aguachocolate

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the help, Fluffylittle. I wouldn't have known what to do. Very stupid design.

Registered Member
Xsaving

Tons of thank. Saved my money and time to deal with repair. I have to say the design is awful. You have to push harder and harder to insert sim. sim already got a lot scratch. I don't know if sim will be end up soon.
Registered Member
Spikelad

Fluffy you are a star thanks for that i was ready to bounce the phone off the wall lol.

Why dont they show a pic just like you did and make all our lives that bit easier.

Registered Member
bill20124

Fluffy, It's two years later and you are still saving people's sanity.  There's no way I would have thought of slipping the SIM under the metal.  The Nokia instructions have not been improved.  Thanks very much.