Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Is it possible to send emails with attachments...

Advisor
RocknRollTim
Accepted Solution

Is it possible to send emails with attachments from a Nokia 5230?

Hi there,

I was wondering whether it's possible to send emails with attachments from a Nokia 5230, it's just I would like to be able to send emails with attachments without using a computer especially when I'm out on my journeys.

Many thanks,

Tim Auluck

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Re: Is it possible to send emails with attachments from a Nokia 5230?

Hi RocknRollTim,

Welcome to the Nokia forum.

You can send an attachment with your email by opening your email on your phone. Start a new email and press on the Paperclip with the plus icon in the right bottom corner. From here you will be able to attach an Image, Video Clip, Sound Clip, Template, Note, Presentation or Other.

Whether you're able to send the email with attachment while you're on the go depens on the strength of your mobile internet at that moment and the size of the file. If the attachment is too big, you will be able to send it via a WiFi connection in case there is one available. 

Regards,

Iris9290 

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
RocknRollTim

@ Thanks advising me on how to send various attachments via email using my Nokia 5230 and welcoming me to the forum, however I would like to know how to send attachment types mentioned also in the following link http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/specs.html via email using my Nokia 5230, thanks.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

[ Edited ]

Hi RocknRollTim,

Thanks for your reply. Have you already tried sending these files? Though you're not able to create all these files on the phone itself, you should be able to send them in an attachment when they're on your memory card.

Uploading a .jpg, .tiff, .gif, .doc, .docx .htm, .html .key, .numbers, .pages, .pdf, .ppt, .pptx, .txt, .rtf, .vcf, .xls or .xlsx file shouldn't be a problem when uploading. Just click on 'Other' when adding an attachment, then on 'Other files' and there you will be able to select any file that you have saved on your memory card.   

Whether you can actually send the email depends on the strength of your internet connection (as I mentioned in my previous post). Also keep in mind that the phone itself as well as the network work with a maximum size file that you can send over 3G (more information about this can be found here), and can therfore also limit you in sending large files.

In any case, let me know how you get on so that we can assist further where necessary.

Iris9290 

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
RocknRollTim

@ You're welcome and thanks for posting me the useful info that sufficiently answers my question, really much appreciated, and thank you. I haven't tried sending any files via email from my Nokia 5230 yet, but I'll sure let you know if any problems persist, thank you once again. P.S. I'm assuming you can send attachments from the Ovi PC suite as well as from the phone and online storage facilities such as SkyDrive etc.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
RocknRollTim

@Iris9290 I was wondering whether it was possible to send emails with attachments from the Ovi PC Suite as well as from online storage facilities such as SkyDrive and from the phone itself. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Hi RocknRollTim,

You will be able to access SkyDrive or any other online storage facility via the internet browser of your phone but it will be easier to download it to your PC or laptop and then copy the file onto the memory card in your 5230 via Nokia Suite.

Whether it's a file that is saved on your computer, Nokia Suite or any online storage facility, you should be able to send it as an attachment from the phone as long as it's copied to the memory card in your phone itself.

Let me know how you get on.

Iris9290

Please use plain text.
Advisor
RocknRollTim

@Iris9290 Will do and thank you for your response again.
Please use plain text.
periwinkle28

Can't forward E-mail, can't attach documents and when saving a pdf file, it says unsupported file format.

Please use plain text.