Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Is there any antivirus program downloadable fo...

Counsellor
ezreaderdocpdf
Accepted Solution

Is there any antivirus program downloadable for nokia 5130 xpress music

Hi,     

When i see my brothers phone, nokia 7210 supernova, when downloading some songs, the english letters including folders in the memoy card changes as other foreign languages or machine language, which i do not know. The unwanted downloads could not be deleted. Formatting will be losing all the music and video files he stored hitherto. I usually learnt that nokia java phones are not affected by the virus. But seeting this I want to safeguard my and users of nokia s40 phones. Is there any antivius program in jar format available as on now. Could the java phone be affected by virus. If there is any other program elsewhere , could some one tell the link, if the moderator accept its download link

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Is there any antivirus program downloadable for nokia 5130 xpress music

What you learnt is absolutely correct .. Refer THIS . You will be unnecessarily loading the phone with any AV Software ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Just to add to Farby's post, when in doubt its always good to scan your memory card with a Genuine antivirus software.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 1020/920
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ezreaderdocpdf

Hi, how to scan the memory card then, if the virus is hidden .

Hi, Farby how then the problem quoted in my post happened.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If you want to scan the MC..connect the phone to PC in Mass Storage mode and select the MC for scanning using the AV installed on your PC. You may also use a MC Reader. 

..and 'How that happened ?' Not sure.. But the point is even if its due to any virus, it can't infect the device..so no need to install any AV on the phone that just burdens the device ...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ezreaderdocpdf

I, i HAVE ACCESSED THRO DATA AND STORAGE, BUT THEN I RECEIVED A MESSAGES THAT MEMORY CARD IS IN USE BY OTHER APPLICATION. So, I Have changed the theme from the memory card and then i could access it and could scan the virus. Thank you. This I rate as very useful, because, i found so many threads expressing, alternate programs and downloaded spurious programs which is given as jar files and did the extensive damage of slowdown of device and ultimate to device doom. Thank you farby.

Please use plain text.