Let me know if there are any solutions or work arounds for the following issues with the new Asha 305 dual SIM phone
1. Sound volume is very low on the speaker phone when there is a incoming / outgoing call. Where as it is quite good/loud while playing music
2. I don't see any option of snoozer setting for a calendar meeting.
3. There is no way I could create a group for multiple contacts. This limits the ability to send a SMS to multiple contacts in a group.
4. Sometimes while moving the phone during auto rotation mobile hangs I had to forcibly remove the battery and keep it to restart to make the mobile work.
Here are some of the steps that you can try on your phone.
Restart your phone:
1. Switch your phone off.
2. Remove the battery.
3. After a few seconds, put the battery in and switch your phone on.
Reset the settings:
Restore the original factory settings (Menu > Settings > Restore factory settings > Settings only). This reset will not delete any data on your phone. It will just restore the original settings.
Update the software:
1. Make sure your phone is running the latest software.
2. Use Nokia Suite to update or reinstall the phone software.
Thanks for the suggestion. Tried all these options. Right from day one I have these issues with Nokia Asha 305.
Here you go for simulating the hanging issues on Nokia 305
1. 100% simulating the hanging issue. use 2 SIM cards and enable to chose the option ask for outgoing calls.
Call any number, your mobile would ask you to chose the SIM card, Exactly at this point of time call your current mobile from another mobile. Either you accept or reject the call. After this you would not be able to do anything until battery is removed and kept and restart the mobile.
2. Configure your mail application with gmail. Enable the modile data connect. Open the mail application. While the mail application is downloading the emails rotate to the mobile to do auto rotate the screen, this would make your Asha 305 to hang sometimes.
3. While taking a snap in image mode using the camera, rotate the mobile it would hang the mobile sometimes.
4. Play some of the games like cricket for around 20 minutes and try to use any application after that it hangs sometimes.
thanks for the feedback. We'll see if we can reproduce the issue using those steps.
are you using the latest SW version (5.92) in your device already? you can see this by dialing *#0000# in your device homescreen.